Oshkosh slide toppers?

TXgearhead

We are thinking about putting slide toppers on our Oshkosh. For those that have done it...how did you handle the bed "slide in a slide"? It looks like the base would have be just screwed into the wall.

NYSUPstater

We have the "lil" cousin to the LM in form of the BC w/ the S/n/S and had the toppers added when we ordered it, so sadly, as much as I'd like to give you a better answer, I can't.

pday1213

We have the slide toppers on our 2019 Landmark Oshkosh. They are the Lippert Solera brand. T&S RV's in Navasota,TX put them on for us as part of our sale.
Here are a couple pics of how they look installed
IMG_1044 (2).jpgIMG_1045 (2).jpg

CDN

B and B
My Louisville has them installed form the factory, tried to snap a picture tonight. We really like them, had them on SOB not on the Bighorn. This was a must.

IMG_5909.JPGIMG_5910.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5911.JPG
    IMG_5911.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 28

TXgearhead

On the bed slide out how did they handle the screws for the base? Did they grind them off flush with the backside of the slide frame?
And, what's y'alls opinions of Carefree vs. Dometic vs, Lippert? I've heard some not good things about Carefree.

- - - Updated - - -

We have the slide toppers on our 2019 Landmark Oshkosh. They are the Lippert Solera brand. T&S RV's in Navasota,TX put them on for us as part of our sale.
Here are a couple pics of how they look installed
View attachment 63031View attachment 63032

Thanks. I'll call T&S, they are not too far from me.

RickL

On the bed slide out how did they handle the screws for the base? Did they grind them off flush with the backside of the slide frame?
And, what's y'alls opinions of Carefree vs. Dometic vs, Lippert? I've heard some not good things about Carefree.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. I'll call T&S, they are not too far from me.

Our Oshkosh came with Carefree slide toppers. Our first trip out they kept unfurling as I drove at highway speeds (60-65). I had our dealer look at them on our return and supposedly adjust them so they wouldn’t do so. Unfortunately after about 400 miles down the road they started again. Luckily we were headed towards the Denver area so I contacted Carefree and asked if they would look at them. Their product service manager said to stop by and he would look to see what the problem was.

Within the first couple of minutes of inspecting our slide toppers the product service manager said “well, here’s the issue. A lot of the hardware used on the install from the factory isn’t even our components. It looks like they cobbled together parts from various vendors.” Bottom line, Carefree replaced every topper with new toppers and since then we haven’t had a single issue. Plus as this was our first time with toppers we no longer had the flapping when the wind blew like we had with the original ones. So that was a pleasant surprise as one of the reasons I read people didn’t like slide toppers was due to the flapping so I originally took the flapping as normal, NOT! (In heavy 30+ mph winds we do get some flapping but far less then our originals at even a 10 mph wind did).

We are definitely a supporter of Carefree!

TXgearhead

10-4
I'm wondering how bad the Texas sun will damage the vinyl fabric, and how quickly. I've been needing to replace the awning on the Bigfoot for a couple years.

pegmikef

Having had a lot of problems with the main bedroom slide on our Oshkosh and seeing the little motors that are used for the slide, I decided not to install them as the slide is underpower as it is and it just increase the drag on the motors. (Note, mine is a 2018 made in Sept 2017, and I have been told that there has been some retrofitting of the slide because of continuing problems, so the problem may no longer exist).