Towing my golf cart behind the Bighorn ?

caokgafamily

Is anybody towing a small trailer behind there fiver? We are going on a camping trip for New Years and the place is ok with golf carts. All my crazy friends pull boats " small aluminum" or small trailers behind there fivers. They say as long as don't exceed 100' your ok in Ga " crazy rednecks":eek:. I have a hitch that we use for our bikes and I could put a reciever in it. We are only going about 180 miles round trip. My trailer is 10' double axle. How safe do you think this is? 48volt 03 Club Car golf cart 700LB ?

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Not knowing anything about your hitch it is a hard question to answer but if your hitch is rated to pull the weight you are planing to pull and is installed properly as long as you have the normal safety chains it should not be dangerous. The trailer will track inside the trailer tires so if your rv makes the turn the trailer should make it also. Just be careful making sharp turns the trailer can contact the rear of the RV in a sharp turn. The normal 90 degree turn is no problem but a U turn is another story. Don't ask me how I know.

Don

sharmulst

We pull a single rail motorcycle trailer behind our 5th wheel. The mc trailer weighs 285# and the HD is 500#. According to the info we gleaned it is illegal to pull in Florida, Georgia and Alabama. We left it in Louisiana before going to Florida last winter. However, it is also not permitted in Washington and Oregon. We pulled through both those states this summer. Did get stopped in Oregon just as we left Coos Bay. We are fulltimers and he just gave us a warning as he didn't know exactly what to do with us. Met many many highway patrolmen in both WA and OR and we are now in Calif, so far so good. We monitor the trailer and HD with a wireless camera. Good Luck

Sundance_kid

Check with your local Highway patrol office for the laws. In normal driving turns ect, the 2nd trailer tracks almost the same as the 5er, but I can't make the culdasac at my house. If your hitch is not mounted to the frame have a certified welder check it out for you. See my profile.