2019 Cyclone 4005 Furnace blower question

MikeNHeidi

The furnace works great in the front of the 5th wheel with strong heat blowing out the floor vents however, the living room and garage does not seem to have much blowing just heat radiating out.

Ideas/thoughts would be most welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

jleavitt11

retired Utah Chapter Leaders
Unfortunately the furnace blows hardest to the closest ducts. The ones father away will not get much air. Our Cyclone is the same way. The only thing I've found you can do is close one or two of the closer ducts to force the air to the others. We usually close one of the bedroom ducts as it gets to hot in the bedroom anyway. No mater what you do your not going to see a big improvement.

jmarnell

We replaced the floor vent covers in the bedroom and bathroom with adjustable ones. We never close them completely, but they do help direct more heat toward the back. In the garage area we just use a small electric heater since, being so far away from the furnace, not much warm air ever gets back there.

Lou_and_Bette

You might need to do some exploring in the "belly of the beast." It is not unheard of that the duct tubing has been kinked and/or crushed.

david-steph2018

We have a 2018 Road Warrior, sister unit to the Cyclone, heat in the garage area nope. Look under the Cyclone you will probably find no insulation under the garage area, so the garage floor will be cold. In our unit there is only one heat vent, on the front wall. We use an oil filled heater back there when on 50 amp service, but if you search you can find several individuals use a Big Buddy heater.
We also use floor vents that we can close off in the bedroom and bath area to help heat the rest of the unit.

LBR

As mentioned, try closing down the bedroom outlet to force more heat into the living room area.

On our CY, I installed a Wave 8 in the garage that took the place of the Double Buddy heater we had....got tired of always having to replace the 2 bottles and refilling them.

emery395

We use furnace to takeoff the morning chill and then use the fireplace to keep the living room warm during the day

Closing the slider to the bathroom helps to direct warm air from the furnace out into the living area.

No heat comes out of the vent from the furnace in the garage so we use the heat strip in the air conditioner and a small electric heater on the floor

MikeNHeidi

We use furnace to takeoff the morning chill and then use the fireplace to keep the living room warm during the day

Closing the slider to the bathroom helps to direct warm air from the furnace out into the living area.

No heat comes out of the vent from the furnace in the garage so we use the heat strip in the air conditioner and a small electric heater on the floor

Thanks! I’m keeping the fireplace on at night and a second portable heater. I also have the furnace set to 65 only so it will kick on once in a while at night to keep the belly of the beast from freezing lines.

Man I’m learning a lot here and appreciate all the help you all are providing.

Note: some scum bag stole all my month old sewer hoses and connectors while it was hooked up! I’m just shocked but it will provide a funny/weird story for the rest of my days...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk