Timbrens

Muddy

I scheduled to have Timbrens put on my F250 PSD 2WD. The left one went on as designed but the right Timbren interfered with the shock bracket in the unloaded position and would even be more severe loaded.

Loaded it would have cut into the Timbren. Anyone else experienced this problem? The called for model was used and the installer called Timbren who seemed to not know of the problem.

caokgafamily

I have Firestone airbags on my 250. I installed them myself in about 2 hours. They work great no problems. I think they are better than the Timbrens because you can set the air pressure. I bought them on Ebay for under $300. Something to think about I dont know if this helps. Good luck.

vangoes

I had Timbrens on my '04 F250 4x4 and now have them on my 08 F250 4x2. I have not had any problems with either.....I really like the Timbrens. They do the job when loaded...have no effect when not loaded and they require absolutely no maintenance.

Last edited:

Big G

Big G
I use the Firestone Air bags, but our Son has the Timbrens on his '08 F250 and loves them.
What year is your truck? We both have 4X4s maybe that's the difference.?/?

Muddy

Received a call today from the installer and he talked to Timbren's tech people who said it wouldn't hurt if a small groove was cut into the Timbren by the the shock bracket, it would have no effect on the Timbren's function. They are guaranteed, lifetime? So I had them installed today and will load up and head south 12-1.

Thanks for your responses.

BobSue

Got mine in San Antonio at a spring shop that had been there forever.

Thier QC guy looked at the install and had the same concern about the shock mount.

After scratching our heads awhile we decided to grind off the sharp corner on the shock mount.

There might still be contact on a hard bump, but I have not noticed any damage since installed. Of course, not many miles since September.