Bedroom Reading lamp fuse

Thystra

I have a 2016 Big Country 3800 FL. A while back I replaced the bedroom reading lamps with LED versions. A while after, one of them failed, then the other. The bulb was still good (swapped while the other outlet was still working). I took it to a dealer for some other repairs and had them look into it, they mentioned a fuse had blown. The main fuse panel has all fuses good. Fast forward a year or so and the lights have gone out again. Does anyone know where the (extra) fuses are located for the reading lights over the bed?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It’s not likely that there are any hidden inline fuses. Although the fuse panel may not indicate a bad fuse, it’s recommended that you actually remove suspect fuses and use a VOM to check continuity. It’s also possible that there is a loose connection somewhere that’s shorting out the fixtures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sengli

All the wiring for anything in that bedroom slide is under the bed on the floor. Its possible you power connection under there has come apart, seeing that they are mostly wire nutted together. As that slide goes in out out the connections may have come loose.

carl.swoyer

I have a 2016 Big Country 3800 FL. A while back I replaced the bedroom reading lamps with LED versions. A while after, one of them failed, then the other. The bulb was still good (swapped while the other outlet was still working). I took it to a dealer for some other repairs and had them look into it, they mentioned a fuse had blown. The main fuse panel has all fuses good. Fast forward a year or so and the lights have gone out again. Does anyone know where the (extra) fuses are located for the reading lights over the bed?
I had a similar situation.
My Landmark Rushmore fifth wheel had some wires under the bedroom slide. I removed the floor under the bed and found some wires without wire caps and the were intermittently shorting out. I replaced the wire nuts and cut a piece of PVC pipe in half and covered the wires with the PVC.
Haven't had a problem since.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk