bighorn television removal - need guidance on cabinet rework

baileyjet

I have a 2006 3500rl. Can you please tell me how to remove the tv without destroying the wooden cabinet. I want to install a new flat screen digital tv. Also can you send a wiring diagram of all the coax wires?
Thank you
Baileyjet

jbeletti

Hi Baileyjet,

Here is a link to download a PDF document that is the coax wiring you are looking for. For others, this if for the pre-2008 Bighorns.

The stiles in your cabinets are fastened from the back side. Usually glued and stapled. I have a call into the plant on this and if I get better information, I will add to this reply.

Others here on the forum have replaced their older CRT-style TV sets and may weigh in on this for you.

Later, I will move this thread to the Bighorn - Television forum.

Thanks,

Jim

Fordsd250

I have a 2006 3500 that we took delivery of on 1 Apr 2005. The TV did not work from the start, so I took it home and started exploring. Ended up taking the panel off that is over the desk to exspose the bottom that the TV sits on. Toshiba TV by the way. Well, the reason the TV did not work is because 11, count em, 11 screws 2-3 inches long were used to hold the tv inplace from the bottom. The reason the tv did not work???? 3" screw was put in the circut board. Heartland sent a new tv right away and I was a happy camper again. I did all the work my self, cause thats how you learn about your rig.:p

baileyjet

television

Thanks, Roger and Karen. I've been pulling and tugging and scratching my head. Now I will remove the panel...

David & Jo Mills