Reject question

Gaffer

Make that REJEX QUESTION. Darn auto spell.
Does my coach need to outside for Rejex to "set" or can I apply it indoors?

Last edited:

Lynn1130

I would have to go find the bottle but I do recall that it should be "out of the elements" for 24 hours for it to set properly. I usually do mine right before I take it back to covered storage.
It also says not to apply if the temp is below 85.

MTPockets

Specific instructions are on rejex web site, but application above 60 degree F, not in direct sun, then No rain for 12 hrs

from Rejex site:

[h=4]REJEX APPLICATION NOTES[/h]As RejeX cures, the polymers cross-link into a crystal-clear, flexible, chemical- and contaminant-resistant film. It is very important to allow RejeX to cure for 8-12 hours after the haze has been wiped off. If the coating is exposed to contamination such as oil, fuel, soot, hard water, cleaners, etc. before it has cured, the contaminants may interfere with the integrity of the film, affecting its visual characteristics and release properties.
Cure Time0 hours4 hours8 hours12 hours
Detergent Wash Cycle Rating6162550
RejeX SHOULD NOT be used on porous surfaces, highly textured surfaces (such as the plastic/rubber trim on some SUVs), oxidized painted surfaces or oxidized (chalky) gelcoat/fiberglass. If a painted / gelcoat surface is worn/oxidized, polish to remove "dead" oxidized paint and gel coat / fiberglass before applying RejeX.
Buffers work just fine for applying / removing RejeX. If you use a buffer, do not apply RejeX with pressure, simply use the buffer to spread out (and/or wipe off) the product.
RejeX can be applied in multiple coats – allowing at least 4 hours curing time between coats – for greater depth of gloss and extended longevity.
RejeX can be used over existing wax, however, the duration of protection will be reduced as the softer underlying wax degrades comparatively quickly. Waxes can be applied over RejeX, however many of the benefits of RejeX may be negated and the wax finish will typically not last very long due to adhesion limitations. It should also be noted that many waxes (particularly those products described as "restorer waxes") and all polishes contain abrasives, which can strip the thin RejeX film.
If a RejeX-treated surface needs repainting, normal paint preparation is all that’s required. Abrasive cleaners, polishes or rubbing compounds will remove the RejeX film.

Lynn1130

Yes and my bottle says to avoid direct sunlight and temps over 85F so my "below 85 was incorrect".