PDA

View Full Version : Spare tire mount to ramp door of RG28

PioneerDrone
11-06-2019, 11:20 AM
I would like to know if anyone has mounted a spare tire to a toy hauler ramp door? I want to keep my underside clearance and the tongue doesnít have enough room. In my research I have seen it done on other brands by their owners but they have been cautioned about the weakness of the ramp. I have also looked at the BAL underside tire system and it looks good, but I do want to keep my clearance. Thoughts?

NP_Chief
11-07-2019, 08:40 AM
I'm not familiar with the Pioneer, but are you sure the spare is up all the way? On my Torque, the tire goes all the way up in between the frame.

PioneerDrone
11-07-2019, 08:58 AM
I have an enclosed underbelly so I canít mount between the frame. This seems to be a curse of my life, nothing is easy. Thx for the reply!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dodge_Bob
11-08-2019, 04:46 AM
Maybe if you put a 2" reese on the bumper, find or have a mount for the spare fabricated to where its hinged and drop down and can clear for the ramp.

PioneerDrone
11-08-2019, 09:31 AM
Hello Bob and thanks for the idea, but I donít have a rear bumper due to the ramp. I think my options are:
1) Mount to ramp door
2) Mount under tongue
3) Mount in pickup bed.

The safest way is going to be in the pickup. I want to build an enclosed compartment on the tongue (would clutter that area) and the ramp option would extend my length and not sure of structure integrity. Iím probably left with the pickup as best solution.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk