Hmm... toilet doesn't want to pull enough water to flush... back of toilet is making a gurgling sound when flushed.

JenniferD

Hello everyone,
I'm new at living in my Bighron 5th wheel and it's used but it's my home and I love it. I just dont love the issues that sometimes arise especially with my toilet.
This morning as the outside temps were in the 40s, I noticed that when I flushed my toilet, the water was very sparce. I then checked the faucet in the bathroom and the shower and the water pressure there was good.
After several attemps at flushing the toilet, I then noticed that the water pressure in the sink and shower was just a trikle. It trickled for a few seconds then went back to normal water pressure.
I did change out the filters that are connected to my outside hose and I have a water pressure regulator connected to the outside spiket (Apologize for misspelling).
I do not have any leaks under the toilet and the kitchen sink. Do I need to change out the entire toilet?

Thank you for your valuable wisdom of information.

Jennifer

danemayer

It sounds like you had poor water flow at first to the toilet, then to the sink and shower. That would argue against it being a problem with the toilet, but rather a problem with the water supply to the bathroom.

Your water system probably has individual PEX lines to each of those fixtures, all teeing into the main feed line coming from the back of the 4-way Anderson Valve.

The most likely cause seems to me to be a momentary lack of water flow from the campground spigot. Sometimes if everyone in a campground is using the bathroom at the same time, water flow can be reduced. You might ask the campground office about this.

If the problem recurs at other times of day, I'd look for a point of failure common to all the bathroom fixtures. Perhaps a problem with the Anderson valve, but more likely at the water filters or regulator.

JenniferD

It sounds like you had poor water flow at first to the toilet, then to the sink and shower. That would argue against it being a problem with the toilet, but rather a problem with the water supply to the bathroom.

Your water system probably has individual PEX lines to each of those fixtures, all teeing into the main feed line coming from the back of the 4-way Anderson Valve.

The most likely cause seems to me to be a momentary lack of water flow from the campground spigot. Sometimes if everyone in a campground is using the bathroom at the same time, water flow can be reduced. You might ask the campground office about this.

If the problem recurs at other times of day, I'd look for a point of failure common to all the bathroom fixtures. Perhaps a problem with the Anderson valve, but more likely at the water filters or regulator.

Thank you for the information. I feel better now that it shouldn't be a serious issue.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Water pressure regulator has been mentioned. If your regulator is the inexpensive variety it may regulate pressure but could also restrict flow volume.

Peace
Dave

Remove the water pressure regulator temporarily and run your hose direct with no other restrictions and see what happens to your flow.
Most of the inexpensive regulators offer low flow, if your regulator is at fault, replace with a high flow rate, adjustable pressure style, they are pricey, but worth it.
You may also want to install an Oil Filled Pressure Gauge.
Go to the Water Filter Store online, they have what you need.

Hockster