Solar pre-wire

fmelehan

Hi Al...
My Torque 314 says it's prewired for solar. What does that mean? I know that there is a port to plug the panels into on the roof and I assume it comes down to the wall were the sticker is located, but is that it? anything going to the battery? Heartland conveniently leaves out any documentation.

Brenn

Not sure about your rig, but our “pre wired for solar” is a connected to the battery and it is for one of those portable Solar panels. Our connection is toward the front passenger side corner on exterior. Call you manufacture to get info on it if no one can help you.Wish I could do more for you.

danemayer

You'll probably need a charge controller. As of last June, I believe Landmark, Bighorn, and Big Country include a panel on the roof and a small controller.

Chrisandsama

Mine came "prewired". That is about all you get. The through wall plug and positive and negative wires to the battery. Perfect for the suitcase solar panels.

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
Our trailer came prewired for solar too. The only thing we used was the 1 1/2" pipe that went from our roof to the basement. We ran our wires through the pipe from our panels to the controller. Even though we have the same year and model trailer as the post above us, they may not have it.

Chrisandsama

Our trailer came prewired for solar too. The only thing we used was the 1 1/2" pipe that went from our roof to the basement. We ran our wires through the pipe from our panels to the controller. Even though we have the same year and model trailer as the post above us, they may not have it.

Yep same model but my prewire is ground level. Wish it was rooftop as I will be adding it soon.

Fordguru

My 2020 cyclone 4005 came with a charge controller and 20 watt panel on roof as well as the pre wire port on side not wired to battery.
i added a larger charge controller and 400 watts of panels.
i also changed battery to a Trojan 8d agm 12v and a xantrax 1800w inverter

i dry camp a lot and I never worry about power

My 2020 cyclone 4005 came with a charge controller and 20 watt panel on roof as well as the pre wire port on side not wired to battery.
i added a larger charge controller and 400 watts of panels.
i also changed battery to a Trojan 8d agm 12v and a xantrax 1800w inverter

i dry camp a lot and I never worry about power
How do you connect the pre-wired 20 watt panel can't seem to turn on the solar unit