How to prop door open

Fern

Hello everyone. Need some advice on how I can keep or hold my door open. We were camping with some strong winds and it pushed and slammed the door on me while in the door way.
My previous trailer had a latch that would hold it open. Any suggestion one or what to do from having this helping again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox

I've never experienced an outer door without a capable latch to hold it open; maybe search camper world (or Amazon) for a door holding latch?
In the interim perhaps a wedged broom handle?

RickL

Our Oshkosh came with a non latching door. Supposedly the hinge was designed to keep the door from closing. We found two things - 1st, it was very stiff to open and close, 2nd, it didn’t work in winds over 10 mph.

I purchased a latch off amazon and installed one myself. Problem solved.

Fern

Rick that is basically what I have. The door is stiff to open and close but not by much. Was looking for a magnet latch like the ones that hold the bin doors open but not sure how strong that will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBR

I installed a pair of these. They work fine to keep doors at bay, until that ONE gust of boondocking desert breeze blows thru.
a0b63295760633ea7d3a49f3a2ebaa7e.jpg

pegmikef

I have one of those friction doors and right now it is coming apart. When we were in Goshen, I purchased a standard door latch from and RV Repair Shop and it was a lot better then the one that has come on my other rigs. I needed black and the one they gave (literally) came with the wall mount pre-caulked (black) which was perfect. . . the best part of the purchase was when the guy thanked me for my service and would not accept payment for it.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Simple, effective, and comes in two lengths. I used this longer one on the cargo door of the UDC so it wouldn't smack me in the back while working there. The entry door has a shorter (OEM) one.

Attachments

• Cargo Door Secured.jpg
    Cargo Door Secured.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 39