Basement storage ideas.

I'm new to the group and the RV world as well. I have a bighorn traveler and am looking for accessories available or ideas for setting up the basement storage area.

Chrisandsama

Welcome, I also have a Traveler and have my basement disassembled at the moment for a remodel. I have got a lot of ideas from this forum. Just put basement mods in the search box (upper right of page) and start browsing. I have spent numerous hours getting ideas from there.

esscobra

what model? have 3760el and there was a whole lot of unused area behind basement wall - also I added a sliding tray for treager and a slide out tv

Attachments

• IMG_8434.JPG
    IMG_8434.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_8425.JPG
    IMG_8425.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1290.jpg
    IMG_1290.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1291.jpg
    IMG_1291.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1292.jpg
    IMG_1292.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 116

Fox

Aside from the slider suggestions ... the expression of you can never have too much tow vehicle also applies to your camper.
Get a bigger camper!

MTPockets

It really depends on what you’re going to store in the basement. For me what worked very well during almost five years full time travel, was a simple second story. Just imagine a regular four legged table. I built a table that filled about two thirds the floor area with leg height that allowed me to place plastic tubs either above or below the table. Taller items would fit in the other one third of the space. Simple and very workable.

Lou_and_Bette

It really depends on what you’re going to store in the basement. For me what worked very well during almost five years full time travel, was a simple second story. Just imagine a regular four legged table. I built a table that filled about two thirds the floor area with leg height that allowed me to place plastic tubs either above or below the table. Taller items would fit in the other one third of the space. Simple and very workable.

I did something very siiliar and have been using it for 5+ years

Thanks for all the input... That sliding shelf looks like a possibility, I had also considered the two level idea. I have a dual fuel gen. That will be used mainly on propane. Is there an issue with storing it in the basement? I realize that gas vapors probably wouldn't be a good idea in there.

esscobra

I take it you are not planning on installing a generator in the designated front compartment ? I would store my generator there as its semi designed to be one there - and is lower and easier to get unit without lifting so high-

I take it you are not planning on installing a generator in the designated front compartment ? I would store my generator there as its semi designed to be one there - and is lower and easier to get unit without lifting so high-

The very front where the batteries are stored? I was wondering if that's not where the stock gen would go. I think you asked earlier about the model, it's a 2018 32 rs...

esscobra

yes the front most one under the hitch area- I use a generator frequently at racetracks - so I have a 7k onan in there - I also carry a honda 3000i handi - in the main storage area as my backup - its small and easy enough to get in out- but if I did not have main generator up there- that's where I would keep it