Water Pump Super loud

I have had this Problem ever since buying it brand new. The water pump makes a hard knock in the floor and you can hear it from outside when someone is using the shower or toilet. Is it supposed to be that loud? We have a 3950.

bigredtruck

ours is louder than the old trailer (SOB). sounds like a plane taking off. But most of the time we are hooked up to City water so it's OK

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Try checking how and where the pump is mounted. When it runs, it vibrates pretty hard and it will transfer that vibration through the pex tubing and if the pump is against anything solid it will make more noise as well. I made sure the pex lines were isolated and secure. Some areas I put foam pipe insulation around them if they were against a wall close to the pump. I also remounted the pump so it wasn't touching anything.

racermom

Ours actually just started getting louder until 1 day while taking a shower it stopped working... :mad:. Hubby flipped the pump off and then back on and that seems to do the trick. Based on the call placed to the dealer, it sounded to them that the pump was failing and will need to be replaced.

Not sure if this is what is happening with you. The time from when the noise got louder and the pump not working was over the course of 3 trips. If yours has been doing this since you purchased it, it may be something entirely different.

Good Luck!