Surface of my sofas starts to dissolve...

RV-Manny

2016 Heartland Bighorn 3750FL:
The synthetic surface of my sofas starts to dissolve. Since it was used just a couple of months every year, is should not do so. What can I do? Does Hartland care for something like that?

Thanks for any response
Manny

44fd598aaa05cc228236cc1f43c2d0cc.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

sengli

This RV furniture doesnt have much of a warranty period. Since yours is a 16, I think your done. We replaced our RV type furniture with lazy boy home furnishings and never looked back. We too really only our rig maybe 5 weeks a year if we are lucky. And our OE furniture was on its way to looking bad too.

RV-Manny

Thanks for you quick response. So I gonna have an eye on new furniture.

sengli

There is a line of furniture from a company called BEST. They actually make down sized versions of their couches, theater seating, and recliners that fits in RV's pretty good. Our big horn we did that best line in it (shown below). In our current landmark, we just replaced the theater seating with lazy boy recliners. So much more comfortable!!!!

My DW. initially made slip covers for the furniture, which worked fine too.

Attachments

• IMAG0345.jpg
    IMAG0345.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMAG0344.jpg
    IMAG0344.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 114

Flick

There is a line of furniture from a company called BEST. They actually make down sized versions of their couches, theater seating, and recliners that fits in RV's pretty good. Our big horn we did that best line in it (shown below). In our current landmark, we just replaced the theater seating with lazy boy recliners. So much more comfortable!!!!

My DW. initially made slip covers for the furniture, which worked fine too.

This synthetic problem is not unique to only rv furniture. In our sticks and mortar home, we had a very expensive bed in the shape of Santa’s sleigh that had a head and footboard made from this material. When it started to flake, we could do nothing but get rid of it. Our 2015 Cyclone theater seating did the same and is now also in a landfill. We, however, turned our rv problem into a positive by redoing the area as others have done with Lazyboys and a different dining setup. We love it and when traveling, can now make it to the toyhauler area when the slides are in without crawling over a couch.

RV-Manny

Thanks sengli for the hint to BEST furniture. I was already in furniture shops looking around for some matching sofas. I’ll post here, when I found something. Happy RVing

crmfghtr

If you can't find what you want or will fit, you can always have it reupholstered in the fabric of your choice.

hut

We experienced the same issue and replaced with Lazy Boy. The mistake we made was buying regular sized pieces. It doesn't matter with the love seat, but the recliner in the back is just a couple inches shy of being able to clear the slides when they come in.... I now have to remove its back before travel. I do enjoy the comfort over the original furniture, though.

esscobra

mine recently started doing the same was fine till about 2 months ago and quickly the theatre seats went at top and now a few spots starting on couch as well- not full time so pretty sure it just the material - now that my palnned trips are done was thnking getting them re-covered- love my floorplan and since bighorn/landmark keeps ending any useful floorplans i like so upgrading is not option

meri

Our 2015 just started this- just appeared on last trip. I appreciate all the input as want to change the furniture floor plan if possible when we update. Thank you!

ernest917

My totally shed covering all over..... Replaced both sofas with beautiful triple fold Thomas Payne’s and two Payne swivel rocker recliners ....

Look and perform beautifully....