Scale Sweeper Electronic Water Scale Remover

wdk450

I found this on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Field-Contro...23358TXZ31P&psc=1&refRID=90DMXB6PP23358TXZ31P after seeing TV ads about the $600 citric acid impregnated water filter water softening system. This is about $90 dollars, has a 100% 10 year satisfaction guarantee, and is backed by TV remediation contractor Mike Holmes, ("Holmes Makes It Right" and "Holmes and Holmes") who has built his TV reputation on integrity and correcting other bad contractor's rip-off jobs.

Does anybody have any experience with this? It says on the write-up that it can be used with PEX water lines.

mlpeloquin

Don't know about it, but there was a magnet system sold years ago that clammed similar thing. It is not soft water. The water is still hard, but apparently will not build up or form scale around your fixtures. No experience with it, but my dad did purchase the strong fixed magnet system, but he sold the house six months later. So who knows what the long term results would have been. This is different since it is microprocessor controlled. Someone will have to use it for a while and report.

I went back and read the reviews. Some reported that it works as claimed and others did not notice a difference. It may depend on just how hard the water source is.