What are your plans for, prior to and after the rally?

jpmorgan37

I know that it is only November, but Sue and I have our schedule, trips, and work camping plans made through May, 2010. With that being said, we are planning to go to the Escapees Escapade in Sedalia, MO and then on to Goshen for the 2009 International Heartland Rally. I hope that Jim Beletti and I aren't the only two Heartland owners at Sedalia, so come on, all you Landmark, Bighorn, Big Country, Sundance, Cyclone, Razor and North Trail owners and lets show the Escapees what Heartland is all about. By the way, you don't have to belong to the Escapees to come to their rally. With over 80 seminars and tons of displays and accessories to peruse, it will be a great time.

John

Plans have changed and we won't be going to the Escapade in Sedalia. We are sorry that we will miss it, but hope to see everyone in Goshen at the Heartland Rally.

John

Last edited:

SmokeyBare

John,

Karen and I are planning on attending the Escapee's Rally at Sedalia...

Since I got notice that the Ohio Rally will be starting on the same day the Escapade is ending... well... I'm pondering going there before the Heartland Owners Rally at Goshen. It would be nice to make it back to that area as well... just the darn distance to cross in such a short time.

After Goshen... well, we'll be someplace north this summer...

Tom of Ypsi

Judy and I are talking about the SKP's rally then work our way to Goshen. We are probably going to the Heartland rally in Spring, Tx in April work our way to the Good Sam Rally in Albuqurque, NM in mid April then on to Sedalia, Mo. Hope the plan works out for us. Definitely see everyone in Goshen if not before.

rjr6150

Kathy and I are planning on going to the Good Sam Rally in Albuquerque, NM. then back home for a while and on to the Heartland Rally will be out first. Also hoping we can get the CO. chapter off and running.

Mariposa

plans

going to the Hartland rally in April
going to the Good Sam Rally in Albuqurque
Then to the Escapees Rally, in Sedalia
then off to Goshen for the Hartland Rally
then back to Texas for a few days for doc's check up
then off to West Yellowstone, MT
That should keep as busy for a while:cool:

jpmorgan37

We have revised our plans and won't be going to the SKP's rally but will still be at the North American Heartland Rally in Goshen. We plan to head to Minnesota to visit our old homestead before we go to the Rally, so hope to see our friends from years past again this year.

John

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There was some discussion in another thread (by LOUP) about a tour to a Wolf Center either during, before or after the rally. We plan on doing this if it comes to be.

netters1

We are registered for the Escapade in Sedalia for May arriving May 23rd and leaving May 30th. This will be our first Escapade and are really excited to attend. Hopefully we will meet up with some Heartland Owners also! :D:D

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We'll be there too...hope some more Heartland owners make to the Escapade..otherwise we're gonna have a small party, but a party just the same!:p

Paul & Nan

We are getting to the Escapade the 23rd, leaving the 29th. It is a fairly easy drive for us from central Illinois to Sedalia. Jim, are you still leaving out of Springfield that day? Our first one as well--look forward to seeing many Heartlanders there. Nan

SmokeyBare

I'll be in the area on May 20... arriving at the Escapade on May 22...

We hope to join with others arriving on that date (5/22)... so we can convoy into the Rally Grounds together... and park close to each other.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
We are attending the Escapees Escapade rally in Missouri arriving May-22-2009 and depart May-30-2009 hope to meet up with the heartland owners there TRAVELER07

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hey Tom and Judy, congrats on the new F450. Sure looks nice. You are making me jealous.

Tom of Ypsi

Jim,

Thanks for the congrats. So far we like it as you know.

I talked to some SKP members today manning a booth at "The Rally" and asked about just showing up without a reservation. Their reply was there is plenty of open spaces and if you want to go to the SKP rally just show up. There are plenty of sites with electric left. Maybe we will see you all there.

jbeletti

We are getting to the Escapade the 23rd, leaving the 29th. It is a fairly easy drive for us from central Illinois to Sedalia. Jim, are you still leaving out of Springfield that day? Our first one as well--look forward to seeing many Heartlanders there. Nan

Nan,

My plan is still to arrive in Sedalia on the 23rd. I had spoken to Marv about a group of us arriving together. I see he is arriving on the 22nd. I think my reservations begin the 22nd but are likely changeable. It would be cool if a large group of us could arrive together. Another thought is those arriving on the 22nd could possibly dry camp somewhere and check-in with the rest arriving on the 23rd. I know it worked for some in Gillette last year as the Cam-Plex had a HUGE parking lot. Not sure about the Missouri State Fairgrounds.

I will contact Harrell Hicks, the Director of this year's Escapade to discuss a rally point for group parking and the possibilty of a single overnight drycamp option at the rally point.

As for Springfield (Chatham), IL, yes, I currently still plan on overnighting there on the way to Sedalia. I don't have reservations at the Double J just yet as my plans are only 98% solid on actual days.

Jim

jbeletti

Hey Tom and Judy, congrats on the new F450. Sure looks nice. You are making me jealous.

New truck? What! I missed it until I got a call from Tom's dealer today :)

Congrats T&J! Looking forward to seeing the new rig in Sedalia and/or Goshen.

Jim

Paul & Nan

Jim--Keep us posted as we are leaving either after work on the 22nd, or early on the 23rd for Sedalia. Would love to meet up with you and others. Nan

Tom of Ypsi

Thanks Jim,

Got a deal we could not pass on at "The Rally" in Albuquerque. Jesse Proctor, the dealer and retired, works part time for Utility Bodywerks and I took the liberty of giving him your #. Sure hope it was ok, do not want to cross the line. See you in Goshen for sure and still thnking very hard on Sedalia.