The Wave

Robert-n-Marion_Wengler

Founding Colorado Chapter Leader
I have camped for 30 years,and for some reason everyone stoped the Wave. Heartland owners club has heart so lets bring back the Wave,when on the road Wave to other campers .......:eek:. Wave :eek: Wave.......:eek:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
If you drive on the US Hwys you might see the driver, if his windshield is not dark.

If you drive on a divided highway you can't see the persons in side.

Years ago we only had a regular pickup or car, on a 2 lane highway, with no tinting. We could see each other.

What I try to do is flash my headlights. One Long, two shorts. That way they will not think I am trying to warn them about a local smokey.

This has been a topic in other forums that I read. Some say they don't want to take their hands off the steering wheel. I normally don't have a death grip on the steering wheel so I can use one of my hands. But if I wanted to go back about 50 years I could use my knee to steer :p, stick my head out the window and wave with both hands :eek:.

Yes if you see my Bighorn I might flash lights and/or wave.

Tom of Ypsi

I never like to use my headlights just to say HI. When I was driving a truck flashing lights meant trouble on the road, smokey hiding in the weeds or someone saying HI to someone other than me. It always made me slow down and drive more defensively looking out for what is ahead that I can not see. All I do is wave and sometimes a one fingered salute.