Portable Satelite Dish

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I called my local DirectTV installer office, told them what I wanted a dish for and they gave me one. I know that Boat 2 Fiver tried that in his area and they wouldn't budge. It's worth a shot. Ebay most likely has a bazillion for sale. Good luck.
Peace
Dave

"Emergency Recover Dish"

Elsewhere on this site, someone mentioned Direct TV offering an "Emergency Recovery Dish" available to current subscribers. The theory being you would put this in your basement and deploy it if a storm ripped the dish of the side of your house. It is a fairly nice kit including a tripod, pole and dish. The only drawback is that it only gets one satellite -- but hey it was cheap. I can't recall exactly, but I think it was under $20.

SmokeyBare

Check Craig's list... the Thrift Shops... GoodWill Re-sale stores... Salvation Army stores... Never can tell what folks have donated or are trying to sell.

Marv

jpmorgan37

I bought mine on e-bay for a penny plus shipping. The tripods are available from just about anywhere. Again, e-bay had some great deals. I used the same box from my house so I didn't need another account. Then when we sold our home and went full time, I just changed our account to our South Dakota (mail forwarder) address and filled out the necessary paperwork with DirecTv to be mobile. Hope this helps.

John

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Can anyone suggest a source for a portable HD dish for Direct TV?:confused:

A. Get ahold of an old DISH from Dish networks. Replace their LNB with the LNB's from a directTV dish. You should be good to go...it worked for me.

B. Or try to find one on the side of an unlived in house....that worked for me too...then see A above.None

Camping world has a two LNA setup that seems to work pretty well, if you don't want to try Item B above.

Lefty (What me pay for it?) Frizzell

silverfox

We just signed up for DirecTV and they give you the equipment. You have to return it if you cancel the contract. So why would you buy?

ct0218

Directv recently replaced my "sidecar" 5 LNB HD dish with the new slimline HD dish. I asked what they were going to do with the old dish (which worked and picked up the same HD channels) and he said they threw them away. I asked if I could have it, he said sure. I made a mount, and we now have HD for the Landmark using a second HD receiver I had.