Ltx ms2 a Michelin drop!

carl.swoyer

Hello folks,
My 2015 Silverado Duramax dually ltz needs sneakers.
My front two are nearly brand new. Two in the rear are at the wear indicator's and the other two have about 40% tread left.
That being said ,
Thanks to Michelin dropping the ltx line and I can't locate any I need all New tires! Yeah! Boogers:!:)'
What are you running for 17 inch tires?. Brand size and load carry at Max psi.?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DirtyMax88

Hello folks,
My 2015 Silverado Duramax dually ltz needs sneakers.
My front two are nearly brand new. Two in the rear are at the wear indicator's and the other two have about 40% tread left.
That being said ,
Thanks to Michelin dropping the ltx line and I can't locate any I need all New tires! Yeah! Boogers:!:)'
What are you running for 17 inch tires?. Brand size and load carry at Max psi.?

We have the LTX A/T2's as the standard tire on our 2015 Sierra dually. Been great, got 39k miles on them with over 50% tread left. Id say 85% of those miles are pulling our Landmark. I have them rotated every 10k, meaning they physically take the tire off the rim and remount it, in a triangle pattern. It's a bit of a pain, but has done great for wear. Always run mine 70PSI or higher. The A/T isn't that aggressive of a tire either, not like most all terrains.

rhodies1

Michelin makes the Defender LTX. Looks identical to the ms2. I heard they were experiencing early wear out issues with the MS2 so deleted this line. Cannot confirm this was the reason but was told this by tire dealer.

carl.swoyer

Michelin makes the Defender LTX. Looks identical to the ms2. I heard they were experiencing early wear out issues with the MS2 so deleted this line. Cannot confirm this was the reason but was told this by tire dealer.
The ms2 series is discontinued as well .
I was attempting to see what other brands ( tire manufacturers) folks are using other than Michelin.

sengli

My stock nexen tire bombs only lasted 14k miles before belts in the fronts broke. I went with Nitto dura grapplers all the way round on my DRW Ram 3500. Saw a lot of good reviews on the RAM forum. Plus I have run Nittos on several of my performance vehicles and they were great tires with no issues. Ended up getting them thru the local RAM dealer cheaper than I could thru two other tire super stores.

carl.swoyer

My stock nexen tire bombs only lasted 14k miles before belts in the fronts broke. I went with Nitto dura grapplers all the way round on my DRW Ram 3500. Saw a lot of good reviews on the RAM forum. Plus I have run Nittos on several of my performance vehicles and they were great tires with no issues. Ended up getting them thru the local RAM dealer cheaper than I could thru two other tire super stores.
Thanks I'll check them out.

Jv75353

We replaced our tires on our 2012 F-450 about a year ago with Hankook Dynapro AT2 tires that we got at Discount Tire. Do not have many miles on them yet. They have great traction and are not noisy at any speed. Very stable and track good going down the road.

carl.swoyer

We replaced our tires on our 2012 F-450 about a year ago with Hankook Dynapro AT2 tires that we got at Discount Tire. Do not have many miles on them yet. They have great traction and are not noisy at any speed. Very stable and track good going down the road.
JV,
Thanks for your input

carl.swoyer

Sengli
Thanks for your help
I'll look at them.

WillyBill

I bought a set of Yokohama Geolander a/t a year ago. Really rate well on snow, ice, and wet. Quiet! Wearing well so far, but not a huge amount of miles.
WB