Residential Refrigerator

tee4

Hi:
New to the residential refrigerator.
Can the inverter be left on when plugged into shore power?
Can I turn it ON and just leave it alone?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Hi:
New to the residential refrigerator.
Can the inverter be left on when plugged into shore power?
Can I turn it ON and just leave it alone?
Everyone I've talked to say that's the way to go. That way should your site lose power, your refer will still be on.

sengli

Lets say the AC power fails, and the inverter is on. You fridge will kill both batteries in approximately 8 hours.

danemayer

Lets say the AC power fails, and the inverter is on. You fridge will kill both batteries in approximately 8 hours.

If long power outages are a concern, you should consider having a generator available. And if camping in freezing weather, a generator is a very, very good idea as you want tank heaters to work and you don't want the furnace to run down the batteries.

tee4

If long power outages are a concern, you should consider having a generator available. And if camping in freezing weather, a generator is a very, very good idea as you want tank heaters to work and you don't want the furnace to run down the batteries.

Everyone I've talked to say that's the way to go. That way should your site lose power, your refer will still be on.

Thanks for the information. If I know me I will forget to turn inv.on

mlpeloquin

I seen that some have wired an LED indicator to the front to be able to see that the inverter is functional while driving.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I seen that some have wired an LED indicator to the front to be able to see that the inverter is functional while driving.
I have done that and I LOVE it. After several trips where my inverter shut off during travel, I have that little green light on the front of my coach. I can see it in my rearview mirror giving me comfort that the inverter is still on.