Jenson TV digital audio synch

davelinde

...is there a way to improve it? The audio on our TV lags the picture by 150 to 200 ms or so - very obviously off and annoying. But, I just noticed that the audio on our other TV (another brand in the bedroom) is actually in synch with its own picture AND the picture on the Jenson... seems odd?

Is this adjustable in any way? It seems odd that two TV's getting essentially the same signal are not both able to synch it the same and since one TV is getting it right... I suspect the TV and not the signal/cabling etc.

Any ideas?

JENSENRVdirect

Dave,

We will be happy to assist you with this. From reading your post, I think it would be best if you could give us a call so we may be able to troubleshoot the symptom and find a solution. Please call our toll free technical support at (877) 845-8750. We are available by phone M-F 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM EDT.

We look forward to hearing from you.

JENSEN and Voyager Tech support Team

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
...is there a way to improve it? The audio on our TV lags the picture by 150 to 200 ms or so - very obviously off and annoying. But, I just noticed that the audio on our other TV (another brand in the bedroom) is actually in synch with its own picture AND the picture on the Jenson... seems odd?

Is this adjustable in any way? It seems odd that two TV's getting essentially the same signal are not both able to synch it the same and since one TV is getting it right... I suspect the TV and not the signal/cabling etc.

Any ideas?

Unplug the TV from the receiver...and see if there is any delay there. Never heard of it on a TV before. Check your receiver's special effects to see if there are any adjustments that would delay the audio.

The video is directly on the TV....the audio goes from the TV to the receiver and then to the speakers. If you can plug the speakers directly into the audio outputs of the TV and see if there is delay there.

I know that doing this will show the delay is not in the TV or the speakers. But, the minute I don't tell you to sectionalize and test...this will be the first time in history where 6 inches of bare wire induce 300ms of delay.

Check the adjustments on the receiver and make sure that the outputs of the TV are correctly routed....we ain't talking about doing a satellite link loopback here. BTW, does it do this with a DVD playing? And, are you talking about satellite or off the air tv?

davelinde

Unplug the TV from the receiver...and see if there is any delay there. Never heard of it on a TV before. ...this will be the first time in history where 6 inches of bare wire induce 300ms of delay

I will try to carve out some time and call the number.

for this suggestion... there is no separate receiver I know about - it's just the TV getting digital broadcast. I thought the digital audio would come in one signal and be all synched... (guess not) It really is odd. I would have thought it was the just the nature of the signal until I realized that one TV was decoding it in synch while the other was not.

It will be interesting to see if we can figure this out.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
My jensen tv is doing the same thing, what was your fix?

Getting a new TV. Sorry guys, I didn't know you were going direct instead of cable or satellite...

I don't know of any adjustment on any tv anywhere to externally adjust sound sync. With two of you having the same apparent problem...Uncle Lefty is gonna bet on bad tv's.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We had a similar problem in our stick house. We use Directv. One TV was not digital and one was digital hd. The digital hd had audio lag while the other analog tv did not. I believe that the problem was on DTV's end because eventually the problem went away......magic. Check with your signal provider.
Peace
Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I noticed if you have one TV on the antenna and the other on satellite the TV on the antenna sound is ahead of the one on the satellite. I guess it is a long way to the satellite and back LOL

davelinde

My jensen tv is doing the same thing, what was your fix?

Currently I'm just putting up with it. It seems odd that it's only certain stations and just on the Jenson (not my other TV). And even stranger that the audio on the other TV matches the video on the Jenson...

They do have an open offer to me (you too I suppose) to call them and let a phone tech go through some t-shooting. I have not carved out the time to try yet. Maybe you can go first and tell me what they have you do? :)