Little pod lights in the Lounge Slide

IMG_0883.JPGIMG_0881.JPGOk, I have examined the little pod lights that are located in the Slide of my 2009 Sundance 287RL. I would like to replace the current bulbs with LEDs that I have.

Problem the pod or can will only pull down a little seems to be on some type of spring device, and I didn't want to force it. So how do you remove the bulbs from these. Going to post a picture of the slide area but it doesn't show the pod light it more toward the end of the couch and is controlled by a switch on the slide wall.
Ignore the mess I was in the throws of doing some maintenance etc :) and the Dog is watching Amber by name.
Jim
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0848.JPG
    IMG_0848.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Can you post a picture that is closer to the light fixture so we can get a little better view.
If you are pulling down and the fixture seems to be held in place with springs it may jut pull out. But watch your fingers, think mouse trap.
But if you just want to change a bulb the lens itself should be removable.

Peace
Dave

Can you post a picture that is closer to the light fixture so we can get a little better view.
If you are pulling down and the fixture seems to be held in place with springs it may jut pull out. But watch your fingers, think mouse trap.
But if you just want to change a bulb the lens itself should be removable.

Peace
Dave
ok Dave I'll post one a little later today 22 degrees here brrrr

rhodies1

Those lens twist off ...yes they can be tough but they do screw off. The light will come out if the opening but be careful you don’t get your fingers snapped.. the are spring loaded.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If I recall changing mine some time ago, those bulbs have pins, not a screw in base.

If I recall changing mine some time ago, those bulbs have pins, not a screw in base.

Hey John and everyone else. Your right John, those are little halogen lights so no leds for them. And the outside cover lens does screw off. So thanks again everyone another problem solved 🤠

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hey John and everyone else. Your right John, those are little halogen lights so no leds for them. And the outside cover lens does screw off. So thanks again everyone another problem solved

Hmmm, I’m pretty sure that there are LED’s for them. Been several years since I changed all the lights in our rig over, but I’m pretty sure I did them, too. Can’t verify right now since the rig is 200 miles away and deep in snow until Spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rhodies1

Yes you can purchase LED replacements. I believe they are 921 . I replaced my welcome home light with the LED

Hmmm, I’m pretty sure that there are LED’s for them. Been several years since I changed all the lights in our rig over, but I’m pretty sure I did them, too. Can’t verify right now since the rig is 200 miles away and deep in snow until Spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I understand that there are replacement LED's for the Halogen lights, however, I'm choosing not to replace these two little lights, gonna concentrate on all the other bulbs in the Fiver first, and those in the compartments. Big current draw on the battery, hmmm thinking of adding two 6 volt batteries instead of the one 12. Hmmm

Jim