New 285BH XLT

DntDctr

Well,
We ordered on in September. We picked it up last Saturday. I never pulled a 5er before, only TT's. I must say its going to take some practice backing it into the garage, but it goes down the road wonderfully. The wife and I are very happy with the appearance. Now if it were about 20 degrees warmer we'd take it out and give it a shakedown trip. Looks like Spring may be our first trip. Kinda wish we ordered it and got it in time to use it this year. Oh well.
It came in as a 2010. Made me happy but not the people at the dealership. Makes many of their units 1-2 years old already.
I haven't decided on a pin or trailer stabilizer unit yet, figured I try it without and see if we need it. I'm worried about the tires from everything I've read on this forum.
Happy Thanksgiving Day to everyone.
Paul, Kim, Ronnie, and in March or April of 2009 Robert.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
PAul & Kim, Welcome to the Heartland family and forum. It's going to be rough knowing you have that nice new 5th wheel just waiting to get used. If it were me, I'd have to hook up and head south for a week. I wouldn't worry too much about the tires right away. Many of the issues were with the heavier trailers in load ranges e and g. Just keep them aired up and don't forget to re-torque the lugs a couple of times. Also with a lighter trailer, you may get by just fine with a tripod stabilizer. We have the aluminum one and it helps a bit. Travel Safe and enjoy your new Sundance. When you finally get to use it that is.:D

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Paul,

Congratulations on the new arrival! It's a shame this cold spell has hit us. Hopefully Spring will arrive soon and we'll all be able to hit the campgrounds again. The Massaponax KOA might be a good place to go for a quick overnight "shakedown" trip next Spring. It's close enough so if there are any problems you won't be far from home. But hopefully you'll you'll be like us and have zero issues with your new 5er.

Gus Funderburg

DntDctr

Hello Gus,
We love the Fredericksburg KOA. Its a nice easy trip for us for a quick weekend and they always have space available. Been there 4 times in the last year.
Paul

dakotakid

Lets see some pics of the new trailer. Is it close to the North Trail 28bh. I found a new 09 28bh 5ver for $**********

Last edited by a moderator:

DntDctr

I couldn't get a $$ for your 09 28BH Got blocked. Send me a pm...I'll post pics soon but right now she's locked up in the garage and I can't open the slide so they'd be very minimal.
Paul