New Torque T333 Owner

Mark7

Hey Everyone,

My wife and I had discussed buying a toy hauler for some time and decided to take a more serious look while at the big RV Show at the Cleveland IX Center a couple of weeks ago. We have a Wildcat X side by side that requires a 11'+ garage. Didn't know the Torque brand existed until the show, they had a big showing there, probably ~4-6 Torque models on the floor. Very familiar with the Stryker/Hyper Lite/Grey Wolf/etc. The T333 is almost the perfect layout we wanted and the sales guy's overview convinced us to go this route, plus the deal was fantastic, so we signed at the show. It is on order and should be delivered by first week of March. I am here for research and reviews after the fact, which is the complete opposite of how I normally operate. This is my first camper I've owned, but I've camped with my family for all of my life.

So owners, did I make a good decision here?

How do these compare to the other brands listed above, quality/build-wise? He mentioned aluminum wall studs and moisture resistant lamination?

Anything in particular I should be concerned about or preemptively address?

Will be stored outside in Northeast Ohio - do you recommend using a cover?

Thanks in advance for the help, happy to be a part of the community!

danemayer

Hi Mark7,

Direct comparisons with competing brands is always a bit challenging as it relies on people who have owned both. Maybe there are some Torque owners here who have had one of those other brands or did a serious comparison who will jump in.

Before signing the acceptance paperwork and handing over the money, you'll want to do a very thorough pre-delivery inspection (PDI). The dealer is supposed to do this, but some don't do very much. And the walk-through where features and operations are explained is often confused with the PDI.

When the dealer is trying to get your signature on the acceptance letter (that says everything is in good shape), and trying to get your money, you will have their attention and interest in getting things adjusted and fixed quickly in order to close the deal. There are always a few things needing attention. Discovering them before closing will get them fixed before closing. If you discover them after closing, the dealer may want you to drop off the trailer with an uncertain date for getting it back.

It's also a good idea to get a commitment from both Sales and Service Managers that if you discover any problems over the next day or two, you can bring the trailer in and they will fix it while you wait. Plan on staying nearby for that day or two to break in the trailer, using everything in it.

One of our owners has developed a very thorough PDI checklist. You'll find it in this folder. About 1/2 way down the list.

NP_Chief

Congrats on your Torque and welcome to the forum! We looked at almost each model you mentioned above before we bought our Torque. I don't think you will be disappointed. As mentioned above, a thorough PDI is essential before you "sign on the dotted line." We used the one that is linked above, found a couple issues, and had them fixed before we left the lot.

Mark7

Hi Mark7,

Direct comparisons with competing brands is always a bit challenging as it relies on people who have owned both. Maybe there are some Torque owners here who have had one of those other brands or did a serious comparison who will jump in.

Before signing the acceptance paperwork and handing over the money, you'll want to do a very thorough pre-delivery inspection (PDI). The dealer is supposed to do this, but some don't do very much. And the walk-through where features and operations are explained is often confused with the PDI.

When the dealer is trying to get your signature on the acceptance letter (that says everything is in good shape), and trying to get your money, you will have their attention and interest in getting things adjusted and fixed quickly in order to close the deal. There are always a few things needing attention. Discovering them before closing will get them fixed before closing. If you discover them after closing, the dealer may want you to drop off the trailer with an uncertain date for getting it back.

It's also a good idea to get a commitment from both Sales and Service Managers that if you discover any problems over the next day or two, you can bring the trailer in and they will fix it while you wait. Plan on staying nearby for that day or two to break in the trailer, using everything in it.

One of our owners has developed a very thorough PDI checklist. You'll find it in this folder. About 1/2 way down the list.

Thanks! I thought that PDI looked familiar, someone had sent it to me when I attempted to join the Heartland Owners Facebook group. Odd rules they have over there... I was trying to join just to research the brand (after I had already bought my hauler, same situation I am in right now) but they refused me entry because I didn't have a picture of it at my home or camping yet. I was willing to message pictures of the finance documents even to prove ownership but was still declined. Not sure what is so secret!