110 volt outlet in storage area

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
I'm not sure if this would be something that could be done and still keep the cost down !!! would be handy !! cost?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Freckles, I assume from your post that you want to add a recepticle in a place that does not have one provided for you. If you know what you are doing, the 120 volt is very doable. The cost would be low. If you don't know about electricity it's a job best left for someone that does. You would need to have a blank spot in your breaker panel, the correct wire, a GFI protected recepticle, box, cover plate and some tools. Again, you must know electrical wiring. Be sure to de-energize (unplug) the coach before touching anything.
Peace
Dave

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
You need about 6 feet of romex, a electrical box...and an outlet. Chair the romex to the back of another plug. The GFC in the bathroom also covers the kitchen.

Total cost around $10.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
I plan to install 110 outlet in storage area come spring myself. Maybe this has been done in the new designs being we have a 2008 model. I understand that the bell and wistles are what bring the msrp higher !! just a thought.

gotknot1

Loyal Owner & Member
I fortunately have a friend who is an electrician.....but what I would like to know is where people put their plug ins or would put them if they added some. I am looking for ideas of placement.

SmokeyBare

I decided we could use a couple outlets in our BigHorn 3400-RL. I ran a line from the breaker box to the base cabinet for the kitchen sink. I put two outlets, one near the wall side for the coffee pot and the other next to the counter extension which works well for George Forman Grill or toaster.

Marv

Attachments

• IMG_2252.JPG
    IMG_2252.JPG
    514.3 KB · Views: 37

Duramax1

I would like to install an outlet in the front compartment of our 2900MK Sundance but I have not been able to find an easy route to splice into an existing circuit.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Marv, great minds think alike.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• DSC04298.JPG
    DSC04298.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 37

dalspot

Well, we don't have it just yet, but boy will our 3300QS need an outlet in the wall by the countertop adjacent to the stove: I just don't see that plug under the microwave working well with appliance short cords..

outlet.jpg

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It would not take much to construct a short extension cord for your appliances to be able to reach that outlet without strain on the cords.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
I just purchased a 6 gal. pancake compressor. I am going to install a 110 outlet in the front compartment so I don't have to remove the compressor for anything. With a 50' coiled hose I can reach anywhere with it. BTW, it's a Sears compressor, 150 PSI, and weighs in at 20# and $159.00 on sale. In fact I bought one for the garage and put small wheels on it. No more 100# compressor to drag around.

Duramax1

I just purchased a 6 gal. pancake compressor. I am going to install a 110 outlet in the front compartment so I don't have to remove the compressor for anything. With a 50' coiled hose I can reach anywhere with it. BTW, it's a Sears compressor, 150 PSI, and weighs in at 20# and $159.00 on sale. In fact I bought one for the garage and put small wheels on it. No more 100# compressor to drag around.

Have you figured out how you are going to wire the outlet?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Kind of strange how they hand out the outlets. In the basement wall of my 3670, there is an outlet right next to the TV cable jack. My vacuum cleaner is actually plugged into it via a grommeted hole in the wall. But, behind that panel, on the back wall of the basement over the black tank are two separate outlets. One has the converter plugged into it and the other has nothing plugged in.

You can see them on the right side of the photo, on either side of the toilet drain. The one for the vacuum cleaner is laying on the floor, out of view.

View attachment 9291

porthole

Retired
Where you have "need outlet here" is a laminated wall an no room for an outlet. That is why all the outlets are under over hangs, on cabinets or perpendicular walls.
The circled area should have room for an outlet and the area with arrow (under the microwave) is were I added an outlet, close to the wall. Perfect for the coffee pot and toaster.

Attachments

• outlet.jpg
    outlet.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 38