Carpet Re-do

hut

Curious as to if anybody has tackled re-carpeting their self. I did our old 34’ tag along, but the Big Country? Our vinyl is still in great shape, but the carpet is getting rough.

Does anybody have an idea what it would cost for a professional?

Does the factory do anything like this?

DH

Fox

There are many qualified (and hungry) workers who can do this job.
Roughly measure and select the carpet you desire - to get an estimate of its cost, then contact these eager beavers for their labor cost.

Work with them and purchase the amount they specify - then sit back and let them earn their keep.

donr827

I think that you would want a person that does it for a living. There will be some corner cuts and other items that I would rather to have it done correctly. Anyone that has the skiils could do it fairly quickly. Ask the person who sells you the carpet if the know someone.

danemayer

I had our carpet replaced a couple of years ago by the local carpet store. Their installer had done some RVs previously so he knew what he was getting into. 39' RV took 2 guys a bit over 10 hours. They were pretty worn out. All the irregular shapes inside the RV make the job much more difficult than installing in most homes. Also, the doorside slideout section is bound on the inside edge. $700 labor plus $85 to a 3rd party the installer sent a piece out to for binding.

NP_Chief

Carpet is a PITA... I've done laminate in both our house and past RV's. I don't think I would try carpet. For what it's worth, we don't have any carpet in our current rig and wifey loves it.

hut

Thanks, all. On our last one I removed the carpet intact and took it to a local shop where they cut it to the exact shape and bound all the edges. It turned out very well. The problem: the 40’s were then; the 60’s are now - and they’re kicking my rear end! 😩😩

As for having no carpet: wifey would love; I like my feet hitting the warmer floor. I’m still holding out! 🤪

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I would tear out the old carpet in our rig and go with a laminate but I fear the winter temperatures while it’s stored would not be a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garypowell

But,

I did the same as you summer before last in our BH 3010 36’ long unit.

Picked the carpet first and wholesale house said they would lay it out anytime I wanted.

took UMO the dining slide first and used it as pattern as it was the easiest.

bear cutting the main floor out but once done I had a pattern.

bedroom was the worst with tight quarters and the bed rolls over the carpet.

then finished the couch slide. Left it to last in case I had to piece it. 3 hard days....but it looks professional.

hut

But,

I did the same as you summer before last in our BH 3010 36’ long unit.

Picked the carpet first and wholesale house said they would lay it out anytime I wanted.

took UMO the dining slide first and used it as pattern as it was the easiest.

bear cutting the main floor out but once done I had a pattern.

bedroom was the worst with tight quarters and the bed rolls over the carpet.

then finished the couch slide. Left it to last in case I had to piece it. 3 hard days....but it looks professional.

Im finishing up another project, but I’m thinking to do the same - a piece at a time. There’s a carpet place that will work with me. It’ll save me a dollar!