Remove the Cylinder

Routemaster

I have cut a two pocket's in the belly to access the cylinder see pictures, now to get to the fittings would it be best to undo the nut at the back at the front so as to rotate the cylinder to get to the fittings if there is enough slack in hoses? Any tips please. I wonder what happened at the back end of the cylinder paint missing that weld looks strange. The new one I have does not look like that?
Cheers.
Den.

Attachments

• Tee fitting frame side.JPG
    Tee fitting frame side.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 81
  • Rear end cylinder mount.JPG
    Rear end cylinder mount.JPG
    593.1 KB · Views: 86

hoefler

I would just remove the hoses from the Tee fittings before taking it loose. If you are looking at removing the Tee from the cylinder, the hoses have to come off first. What you are seeing is the jam nut on the Tee fitting, you have to turn the whole fitting to remove it after lossening the jam nut.

Routemaster

Ok she is out.. Nuts dun up really tight got there tho. Now I need to buy O rings for fittings it looks like they have a ID.375" OD is .500", and cross section is .080 dia what grade of rubber do they use for hydraulic usage?
Den.

Attachments

• Cyl1.JPG
    Cyl1.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 43
  • Cyl2.JPG
    Cyl2.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 41
  • Cyl3.JPG
    Cyl3.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Routemaster

Why would the front and rear cylinder brackets be welded plumb, see the front is welded to top of the box section when the inner and outer tubes with rack on, run's at a angle off 4 degrees uphill? Because when I removed the front nylon nut and retracted the rod it shot straight up was under pressure hence my question about the welding of brackets. See pictures.
Den.

Attachments

• Cylinder port.JPG
    Cylinder port.JPG
    578 KB · Views: 38
  • front bracket.JPG
    front bracket.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 39

Routemaster

Was there a rubber boot than one can buy or make to fill the space around the cylinder to the frame?

Last edited by a moderator: