Do I have a Lemon??

Taz Devil

I am beginning to think I have purchased a BC 3250 TS lemon. It seems each time I take it out I am always fixing something. The 1st time the AC was acting up. The 2nd time water damage from a leak in the roof. 3rd time water leak in the bay storage area due to a loose hose on the 12v pump. Now for this time everything was going great until it got a little cool during the night and the heat didn't come on. I have checked the propane tanks and filled one. The stove, water heater and fridge all work. The heater blower works but just won't fire up. You can go outside of the unit and hear it clicking but never ignites. I have tried several times to restart it but just doesn't fire up. Granted it is still under warranty but it gets a little annoying always having to fix things that should not be breaking or going wrong.

:confused::confused::confused:

SmokeyBare

Keven

Sounds more to me... the Post Delivery Inspection was done poorly.

The A/C should have been tested as well as the Furnace before the RV left the dealer's lot. They might not have caught the lose fittings... but again If they have found those areas to be a problem before... with other RV's they have sold... it should have been checked out.

The roof leak... OK I'll give that one I probably would not have caught...

In my opinion....

Good Luck from here on with your Big Country.

ct0218

I have had the non-ignition problem a couple of times with other RV's and it turned out to be the control board (or printed circuit board) both times. Should be a warranty item if that is the case, and like Marv said it should have been caught during the PDI.

jnbhobe

Just a thought here; by chance is there a gas valve at the furnace that is shut off. My 3370 is at my office so I can't check if there is a shut off.You'll have to pull off the acess panel in the basement. Good Luck, JON

Mels Musty Music

Had a similiar problem on SOB. Turned out to be a kink in the hose to one of the propane tanks. The furnace requires a higher pressure than the stove, water heater and refrigerator and the kink reduced it enough to keep the furnace from igniting.
Good luck.

Taz Devil

We are heading back home tomorrow morning and I will call the dealer on Monday to make an appointment for them to take care of it. It just gets a little old when you want to sit back and relax, I'm having to repair something that should not need to be repaired. I guess I really need to have more Patience when it comes to something having to be repaired.

I took the access panel off and there are not kinks in the gas line.

Thanks for all the suggestions, sometimes it does good to vent.

Delaine and Lindy

Welcome to the world of RVing, there is problems that occur and will have to be taken care of. We have been Blessed to own several 5th wheels and we have had some minor problems in 4 out of 5. I believe that the biggest problem is poor Q/C and with the down turn in the economy there will be some improvements. But as you know most people except this problem and its our fault. How do we fix it, well the first step is to not except the RV until everything works, don't sign the paper work. I know we were very excited each time we got another new 5er and let thing go by that should have been repaired. Does everyone make sure the HDTV works, (just one example) if you do you are in the minority. This past purchase we set up everything to included the Tri-Pod dish for the HDTV. Did it work, (NO) had to bring a Geek in to get it working, it was a dealership problem, tech didn't know the system. Its the PDI, its the place to stop this problem. I do feel for the Dealerships because most of these problems shouldn't happen, if the Q/C was the way it should be it wouldn't happen as often as it does. I don't think you have a Lemon, just have to work the bugs out. Good Luck. GBY....

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Each state has its own lemon laws and what a lemon is depends on the state. Do you have a lemon? Only you and your lawyer determine that. I have had so many problems it is just too long to list. Some have been the dealers fault, some the manufactures fault, and some have been acts of God, and some foreign governments (Chinese tires) fault. We have fought our way through the problems and have found that Heartland stands behind their product more than any other manufacturer does. Even after the original warranty expired we have had to use our extended warranty. This time out our Microwave, converter, TV, Clock radio, and central vac have gone out. All were covered and fixed under the items warranty and extended warranty. The main thing you have to remember that you are towing your house down the road and it is amazing anything workk when you get there considering what you are doing and how many different systems are in an RV. We get very frustrated by the different failures but we have to remember "Murphy's law" (whatever can happen will happen), and it seems like Murphy rides with us most of the time. LOL. Anyway we are grateful that God has blessed us with the ability to be able to own and utilize our RV and be able to see this beautiful country and meet so many great folks. Good luck and let's keep Go Go Go Rving.