Will the warranty cover that

MikeEs

Look, I bought a pioneer rl250. first RV in my life, and I started replacing sink with a better one and now I'm wondering does the warranty covering such things, or if something goes wrong they'll tell me to F off with all my diy experience. I'm almost 100% sure that's what they gonna say, but you guys know better, I think.

Upd. I ordered one of undermount sinks from amazon here to replace a default one, but the Heartland guy told me warranty WILL NOT cover any of what I replaced

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Well, my opinion only, if you replace the sink they cannot just void your warranty.
Of course your new sink will not be covered but for example, your springs should still be covered.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Welcome to the forum!

Your coach warranty in general will not be affected because you replaced your sink. Should be good to go there.

Your warranty will not pay to replace your sink with an upgraded one, because you wanted one. If you had a defective sink, it's likely your warranty would replace it with same and if you wanted to install it yourself, it's likely Heartland would send you the replacement sink for self-install.

Hope this guidance helps.

danemayer

I agree with what's already been said.

The warranty statement in your trailer manual says that Heartland covers manufacturing defects. As long as you didn't inadvertently create problems installing the upgraded sink you should be fine. But, as an example, if you left a fitting loose, leading to a water leak, or failed to seal the edges around the sink, the resultant water damage would not be due to a manufacturing defect and would be on you.

danemayer

Upd. I ordered one of undermount sinks from amazon here to replace a default one, but the Heartland guy told me warranty WILL NOT cover any of what I replaced

Because if something goes wrong with your replacement, it's not a factory defect.