Proud new owners

Hello Everyone.

Just wanted to say a BIG thank you for all the information on this forum. As I write this, we have a2006 Bighorn 3600RL on order scheduled to be delivered mid march. the anticipation is killing us. We have researched the Bighorn 5th wheel for two seasons now and know that this is by far a more exceptional unit than anything else we have seen at the Harrisburg Pa show in two years. We like many other users of this forum don't see too many of them on the roads yet so hopefully that is not a bad sign, just thinking maybe there are not too many dealers in the northeast that sell them. We do alot of dry camping and have read about the fresh water tank issues so thanks for the heads up.

Take care everybody and happy camping!!

Hi I'm sure you will enjoy your unit as much as we do! and are using ours as we speak. We bought our in Nov,05 and have been out since Jan. We are traveling Utah, Nevada, Arizona, and California. Haven't seen only about two coaches in our travels so far! our is a 3055 RL and its very homey, We only dry camped once for a week were not very good at water conservation had too refill it twice in seven days it hold 73 gal.
We'll thought I would say con-grates and enjoy.
Sonny

BluegrassMan

Hey Demonbear:
Congrats on your order. Hope it's here soon. I live about 1 hour south of Harrisburg,just off I-81 a little. Just so you know, there is a BIG RV dealer, Keystone RV's at the Pa/Md state line on I-81 South. They have Landmarks and Bighorns in stock all the time. The only other dealer for Heartland is Jim's RV's way north near the NY border.

If your in the Chambersburg area ever, Keystone is about 15 mins. South.

Thanks for the info Bluegrass,

We in fact did visit with Keystone RV and left very dissapointed. It seems they couldn't decide who was the sales manager there. We asked to speak with that person and a man came to us and told us he was the manager, then we called there later and asked for him by name and referred to him as the sales manager and the woman that answered the phone laughed and said he was just another salesman. She then transferred us to someoen else who said they were the general manager and he was very rude to us when we questioned why they would lie in the first place. Oh well we did order our unit from Media Camping Center. They just took on the line of Bighorns after this past Harrisburg show. They are very close to us so hopefully all will go well.

We are looking for some warm weather now so we can get it set up and get going.:)

BluegrassMan

Heartland and Keystone

Hi Demonbear:

Keystone wasn't a Heartland dealer when I bought mine. I got mine near State College Pa. This dealer was "thinking" of taking on Landmark's, I got mine, then he decided not to carry them.

Aldean Martin is the OWNER of Keystone RV's. You should call him on the 800 number and tell him what dufus's he has there, and how YOU were treated. :mad: I know he would chew someones A_ _ for that.:eek:

No one should be jerked around like that !

Bluegrass,

Thanks for the info maybe I will. I know everybody could have an issue with any dealer at any time that is just business i guess. Maybe someone was just having a bad day, but it is a shame to lose a sale because of it. They do have a nice facility there, just wrong day for us I suppose.

Cheryl

Our dealer did the same thing - decided not to become a dealer for Heartland. But, unfortunately for us, they negleted to tell us that up front. If they had, we would have looked for a different dealer.

svd

I too would like to thank all who answered questions, and for sharing their experiences. We brought our new 3400 RL home last night from Lakeshore RV in Muskegon, MI. We had a 32 TT before this, that had a 1,100 tongue weight, and could sometimes be a little white knuckle with some cross wind. I could not believe how much nicer this 5th wheel towed, even though it is longer and heavier! We should have done this long ago! Can't wait to get out!
Steve

sharmulst

Congratulations demonbear56 on your new RV. We have a 3500 RL that we purchased in August 2005 in Iola, KS. We did a maiden voyage in Nov. and then left in Dec. for 3 months. We are presently in Bullhead City, AZ after having been in Calif. for 7 weeks, Texas and NM prior to that. We really like ours. Have been pulling it with a 2500 Diesel 4x4 Dodge. Found that if we pull it in 4th gear at about 55 mph, we get between 13 and 14 mpg. We have decided that we have more time than money. Just have to leave a day earlier. In our travels this year we have only seen 2 other Heartland trailers. One in Lake Elsinore, CA and one here at Bullhead city. See you at the rally in June. Really looking forward to talking to other owners. Steve and Sharon of Mulvane, KS

BluegrassMan

55 in 4th gear

Hi Sharmulst:

When you say 4th gear, do you mean 4th out of 5 gears or 6 gears ? I have a 2500 V-10 with an Automatic. I mostly use overdrive when possible. Everything is AOK. BUT, my milage is atrocious! 6-8 mpg.:( I do get to stop fairly often to take a break.....and filler up.:p

phranc

Wellcome Demonbear,, Good to see another nor'eastener. I hope we'll cross paths someday..Don't forget about the rally!!

nscaler2

Steve,
We have a 3055rl on order from Iola Kansas. The order was placed on 2/20. Just wondered what you experiences with the dealer in Iola were like. Did they do a good dealer prep etc......
Thanks,
Tom and Bobbi

jpmorgan37

Did they do a good dealer prep etc......

Hi Tom & Bobbi;
Congratulations on your new "home". Check this thread and if it is something that interest you, let me know and I'll send it to you. We've been living in our GC for about a month now with zero problems and no trips to a dealer for warranty work. I think that everything was fixed during the PDI. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?p=3656#post3656

nscaler2

John,
If it isn't too much trouble I would appreciate the checklist that you mentioned.
Thanks,
Tom and Bobbi

sharmulst

Yes I mean 4th out of 5. It is a 1997 Dodge cummins diesel with a manual transmission. We couldn't believe the mileage but it has happened consistently since we left in Dec. Great truck.
Steve and Sharon