Bubbles

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
I have to ask these questions:
1. Tire inflation monitored regularly
2. Where do the bubbles form, usually?
3. How many miles towing before bubbles appear?
Thanks.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
When I found a bubble on one of my Karriers, it was on a sidewall. It was about 2-1/2" in diameter and protruded about a half inch. Lucky for me I found it while checking psi at a campground the day before we were leaving. The tires had about 10,000 miles on them and a year and a half old. I didn't try for any warranty.

Ray LeTourneau

Thanks, Ray. What brand of tire?
They were Karrier Loadstars LR "E". I can't see the picture too well but your truck looks like my old one. A 2001 2500HD same drive train. Black extra cab tan leather?

Attachments

• 01 2500HD 8.1 Aly.JPG
    01 2500HD 8.1 Aly.JPG
    326.1 KB · Views: 25

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Truck

It is a 2001 2500 HD, etc. We love this truck. We only have 32,000 miles on it. We use it only for towing the BH or our Jeep trailer when we go off-roading. Yep! We have two hobbies we love.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
My bubbles appeared at about the 800 mile mark. The brand of tires were Goldways. I had bubbles in 3 out of 4 tires. Not a bad idea to check each time you stop.
Fred

Gary Steeves

Try a search for your tires. There are many posts regarding tires that are very informative. For my money, top-of-the-line Goodyears or Michelins !

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
The brand on our 3055 Big Horn is Free Star. Anyone having problems with them?

Why worry? Replace them now...and then relax. It's the first thing I'm going to do is replace the tires on mine...and it only has 800 miles on it.

There have been so many reports of problems with these tires...if it's from china or india....I wouldn't trust them.

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Tires

We just bought new tires for our Jeep Rubicon, so the BH will have to wait a few months. We like B.F. Goodrich or Goodyear. Both have served us well on the truck and our car-hauler trailer.

Thanks, guys!

randes

New Tires

We have a little over 19,000 miles on our original Mission tires and are looking to replace them before too much longer. Where is the best place to look for Goodyears or Michelins? Online or local?

We have only had one problem so far and that was on our last trip in October. The tire looked sculpped out. I had it examined and was told it was probably a tread separation. We put the spare on and came on home. Don't want to push our luck with these Chinese tires.

Ray LeTourneau

Roy, I think it's best to shop around. Some have found good prices at Discount Tire and I found a good price at a local Goodyear Service Center. Out the door at $1034.00 at Schierl Tire. Maybe with oil prices going down, so will tire prices???

larryg

We had about 3,000 miles on our Missions when a bubble the size of a Grapefruit developed, and 2 short trips later we lost another one to a tread seperation.
That one cost us $2,400 in repairs. Should of got the Good Year G's after the first bad tire. After changing into the spare on the 2nd mishap, We found a Discount tire Center not 5 miles away. Drove right over and put The G614's on and continued on our trip.
Mission Tire of course would not back their tire unless they had the bad Tires in hand
even with lots of pictures and receipts

07 Dodge 2500 4x4, AT, Jake
BH 3055

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We have 10,000 miles on our Karrier tires. I'm thinking of replacing more based on age than miles. We did have a bulge on our spare (never been off the trailor) when the trailer was new. No problems with the tires on the trailer. They haven't even lost air since I got the trailer. Pressure varies depending on temperature but I have never adjusted..../Doug

randes

Thanks for the tips. I found Goodyear brand at Sam's Club for $165, but then went to a Ford Dealership in Denver and got them for $155 each.
Roy :)

Markayal

I had a bubble on my Karrier and it was in the warrenty year. I had about 6000 miles on it. They wanted pictures, copy of the sales areement. The paid up to $120. I need to by a tire and send the receipt. The company honored the warenty with no porblems.

seabee

Goldway

We got about a year out of our Goldway tires and then the bubbles showed up,made it to a truck stop in NM where we had (4) out of (4) that were all the same big bubbles so we had (4) Goodyear tires installed. The Goldway people finally paid me $62 bucks a tire and a 100 dollar service fee. Hey, be happy for that much.
I'm just glad we didn't blow one out on the road.