Mounting TV in Sundance

Donna F

We have a Sundance 2900MK. We have a 32" flat screen TV that sits on a cabinet against the bathroom wall. The cabinet space is open on two sides. Does anyone have any ideas on how to permanently attach the TV to the cabinet, wall or ??? so that it stays put when traveling? We now move it to the bed every time we travel and that is a backbreaking process moving it up and down the stairs. Thanks for any advice.

Donna F

dreamer

sundance tv mount

We have a 2900mk and I mounted a 27 inch flat screen to the wall you talk about. The factory places a vertical wood member in that wall for mounting a tv to.We use the tv in our house bedroom when not trailering so i wanted an easy mounting system. Basically i bolted a piece of plywood to the back of the tv[there are holes there for threading in wall mounting brackets] I fastend another piece to the couch wall. I then took an ordinary 3.5 inch door hinge mounted on blocks[spacers] and mounted that to the tv and wall. I welded a washer to the end of the pin[act as a handle] and ground the pin down a little so it goes in finger tight. the purpose of the spacer blocks is allow space to get your paws in to put the pin in, to change the viewing angle and allow space for the wires to come in the back of tv. When we travel we take a pillow and jam it in the back to stop rocking motion. Have taken it to Alaska and back[15000miles] and no problem. ps the base can be unscrewed when wall mounted. I have a matching mount in the house so i just pull a pin and move it indoors and reinstall the pin in the new base. I hope this helpsNone

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Is it possible to post some pictures of your tv mount? We too have a 2900mk, and I would like to mount a 32" LCD. One picture is worth a 1,000 words:cool:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
With the stud located near the center of the wall, why couldn't you mount a standard flat screen mounting bracket on the wall? (We haven't tried it yet - still using the carry to the bed technique also:D).

dreamer

Tv mount

Sorry i forgot to mention the simplest but most expensive option. Just buy a flat screen mounting bracket. I choose not to for two reasons. One i wanted to cheaply share a mounting system between the house and trailer and two i was told you have to watch a flat screen [obviously our first experience with one ] straight on. With the hinge i thought my wife could angle it over to the kitchen area. In hindsight the angle movement is not needed.
As far as pictures go i returned my trailer to the dealer to fix the leaky seals under the kitchen and sofa slide when in the closed position. They said it would take at least six weeks to get the parts so i will not have it home for pictures till after Christmas. I hope i am being told the truth and a lot can happen to a business in six weeks in this economy!
I will try to get my wife to help me post pictures when it comes back. we did many more customizations.None

virago01

We have a Sundance 2900MK. We have a 32" flat screen TV that sits on a cabinet against the bathroom wall. The cabinet space is open on two sides. Does anyone have any ideas on how to permanently attach the TV to the cabinet, wall or ??? so that it stays put when traveling? We now move it to the bed every time we travel and that is a backbreaking process moving it up and down the stairs. Thanks for any advice.

Donna F
I also have a Sundance 2900MK. I mounted my 32" LCD TV with a simple bracket that I bought thru Amazon.com for about 20$. I mounted it to the wall behind te tv shelf and the shower wall with lag bolts to the stud that runs down the middle of the wall. Be sure not to use bolts that are too long so that you don't go thru the shower wall. I believe that I used 4 lag screws that penetrated the stud about 2 1/2 inches. There is a bracket that also mounts to the tv included and the tv can be removed when not traveling. I also spaced my bracket away from the wall using a 4 inch thick block to make it easier to remove the tv when necessary.

Duramax1

I also purchased a wall bracket which has worked well for us. The TV is easily removed when we return from our trips and the TV is taken home to our bedroom

Stinger381

I mounted a 26 inch flat screen in the rear of our 3300 RLB using a cheap bracket that I purchased from Newegg. It angles slightly for the perfect view and I added spaces to keep the TV from sliding on the bracket while we traveled but I don't take it down to travel. The mounting in the 3300 RLB is easier I'm sure as you can reach around into the closet under the loft steps to mount it.

Here's a link to the mount I used. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882021110&Tpk=RMS-MT4020

It is real easy to use and easy to remove from the wall as well.