Backup Camera Wiring

Dmm8535

So I just installed the Furrion back camera and side cameras. Works great. Earlier someone posted that the back camera is hot wired continuously on. Does anyone have an idea what circuit is hey may have wired to so I can put a switch in line. It might help 2018 3560ss

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I wired mine to the Marker lights. It is absolutely perfect. I can turn everything on and off from the drivers seat.
I run with my lights on day or night.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dmetcalf

So I just installed the Furrion back camera and side cameras. Works great. Earlier someone posted that the back camera is hot wired continuously on. Does anyone have an idea what circuit is hey may have wired to so I can put a switch in line. It might help 2018 3560ss

Your not going to believe this but I traced my backup camera power source. It was tied into the hot wire that feeds my bedroom slide out so it was powered on continuously..! So I purchased a 20a switch and now it is only on when the switch for moving the bedroom slide.

CoveredWagon

I installed a 12volt mini relay w/a remote in the hot lead. Opened the hole in the back of the rv and stuffed it in. I purchased the relay from Amazon.

Flick

I picked up the hot wire from the 12v ceiling lights switch in the garage. The toyhauler has a panel on the ceiling. Had to play with it to get it pulled thru. I put in an inline fuse and switch with a blue light so I can see when it’s on. The reason I wanted it to be hot all the time is that when not traveling, I bring in the monitor and leave it in the living area so I can monitor the outside. A 12v plug was installed to plug it in. I also installed a camera under the overhang and it’s hooked to the battery. My 4 U Cam allows me to monitor 2 cameras and has a recording and playback feature.

Dmm8535

Thanks everyone for your responses!!!

Dave