3250TS Generator connections

Tom Cobb

I have looked in the front compartment for generator connections and haven't found anything that resembles any.

I am contemplating installing a generator in the front compartment OR put the gen in the truck bed and use a cord from the front compartment to plug up to the gen set.

Does anyone have any idea where a generator would connect to provide A/C electrical power to the trailer?

Where can I obtain an electrical schematic of the trailer?

jimtoo

You will not have any electrical connections for generator unless you ordered the unit with the generator install prep.

Have your VIN# ready and call customer service Monday @877-262-8032 and see if they can help you with a schematic. I do not think that is an item that is provided or one that they will give you.

Jim M

jbeletti

Does anyone have any idea where a generator would connect to provide A/C electrical power to the trailer?

Tom,

If you plan to permanently install a generator in the front compartment, there are things you will need to do to make the compartment ready to accept the generator (isolation box for fumes, a mount, fuel source/connection etc.).

In terms of wiring it in, if it's a permanent mount, you will be best served to wire it into the coach permanently. This entails pulling the AC MAINS from the AC breaker panel in the coach and running it and the AC output of the generator, to an AC transfer switch. The transfer switch will have an output. This output then feeds the AC MAINS on your AC breaker panel in the coach. Switches can be manual or automatic. Most built-in generators will be installed using an automatic transfer switch.

In the case of a portable generator, be it operated on the ground or from the bed of the truck, the most simple solution is to connect the coach's AC power cord to your generator through the use of the proper adapter and extension if needed. In this case, no transfer switch is needed as there is no way to connect shore power and generator power at the same time since the shore power cable is connected to the generator only.

This is all just my take on this. In no way is it professional advice.

Best of luck and do follow through as Jimtoo suggests by calling Customer Service to gain further insight.

Jim

Tom Cobb

By having the gen in the truck and a connection in the front compartment I could avoid running about 35 ft of 30 amp ext. cord to the 50 amp power connection which is about 18" from the rear bumper. 30 amp would be all I would need since I would not have to power the 2nd ac with the gen.

That very well may be the way I have to do it.

Thanks for your comments.

jnbhobe

I built a 2ft by 5ft rack on the back of the Horn to carry a honda 3000 and some blocking or whatever else I need. Now I just use a 10ft jumper cord (30 amp) Now I can Leave with the truck and still have power. JON;);)