2019 Dodge Ram 3500 5th wheel hitch.

Has anyone purchased a new hitch for the factory prep Dodge Ram 3500's? I think they call it a Puck system? I have seen adapters so that you can use the old style hitches. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks. Ken

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have the puck system in my 2013 RAM, no adapter needed unless you have an old hitch you want to use.
If you now have a Curt hutch you can easily convert the existing head by purchasing new legs.
Here is a link to Curt hitches. LINK
There are other brand hitches available.
I mention Curt brand because of the video that bill linked to.

Peace
Dave

Gaffer

I bought a Demco picture frame adapter for my 2018 Ram. Was not impressed with the fit. Pain in the a** to take in and out so left it in all the time. Could not get a socket to go on all the bolts at the corners for the torque wrench so had to use an open or box end wrench.

SNOKING

Get the B&W RVK3600 for the RAM puck system and don't look back! B&W has one of the best latch mechanisms on the market. Chris

sengli

The RAM brand hitch they sell last I saw was really made CURT. And yes you can have the "head" unit either mounted in the truck with the standard type rail system, or with the right CURT adapters it will plug directory into the RAM puck system. Heres mine in the RAM puck set up.

Attachments

• IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52

RickL

Another more then satisfied B&W owner in a 2015 Ram 3500 utilizing the factory puck system.

Big1

Mines is a 2018 but I think that it is the same pattern, I don't have this now but this it the one that I use to have.

Attachments

• DSCN3045.JPG
    DSCN3045.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN3060.JPG
    DSCN3060.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN3072.JPG
    DSCN3072.JPG
    236.7 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN3074.JPG
    DSCN3074.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 42

david-steph2018

We have a 2017 3500 and use the RAM 25K hitch. Ran across a deal at the dealership for the hitch. We needed a new hitch and they had one sitting in the corner in their way. So made a deal for $700 for a new 25K hitch when we picked up the Ram.

Poofam

Has anyone purchased a new hitch for the factory prep Dodge Ram 3500's? I think they call it a Puck system? I have seen adapters so that you can use the old style hitches. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks. Ken

Reese makes a base plate for the puck system and you can use most rail mount type hitch. I have a 2017 with Curt and works fine
9264b9e48fd9d0670e3ed4d898a097de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoefler

I have an Ram OEM 25K I would let you have for $500

Attachments

• fifthwheel.jpg
    fifthwheel.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 52

LBR

Curt 24K in old to new Ford truck story....

When I went from rail to puck system, the new legs cost was virtually the same as the picture frame addon adapter. It was a no-brainer to opt for the puck attachment legs to reduce attachment slop and extra height the frame would have added.

ILH

I have a 2018 RAM dually. My previous vehicle was a 2011 GMC with the rail system; using a BD3 Trailsaver by Hensley. Loved the hitch - so I got the picture frame adapter to mount the BD3 to the puck system. Works flawlessly. If I had any complaint, it would be that it raises it about 1.5 to 2 inches higher (due to the adapter frame).

I just bought a new Landmark trailer with a different pinbox setup. The truck came with a 30K hitch from RAM (that I had set aside in the garage). So I think I'll swap out the Trailsaver and use the RAM hitch - or at least give it a try.

Timram

I have a 2021 Ram 3500 and I love the B&W RVK3600 great hitch and my second B&W 5th wheel hitch.

Confused

My new Ram 3500 did not come with the puck system so I went with the B&W flip over goose neck ball with the Companion 5th Wheel. Works great!