New Heartland Owner Here

jimmy120

Hi, all!

Bought myself my first 5th wheel camper. I upgraded from a 21ft hybrid bumper pull to a 2014 HEARTLAND ELKRIDGE XTREME LIGHT E 289. I was surprised how easy it was to hook up and tow. I'm not going to lie, I was a little intimidated at first but once I was rolling down the road, I found it was easier to pull than my much smaller bumper pull camper. Anyone else have an Xtreme Light E 289? I also bought it from a private owner on Autotrader, paid $14k (he was asking 15k) for it. It's in excellent condition, three slides, and a bunch of upgrades. Here is the link if you want to take a look https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2014-Heartland-ELKRIDGE-XTREME-LIGHT-E-289-5011497461

Anyway, just wanted to say hi!

danemayer

Hi jimmy120,

Congratulations on the new-to-you Elkridge and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congrats and welcome to the Heartland family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TahoeCamper

Founding Nevada-North Chapter Leader-Retired
​Welcome to the HOC. CONGRATULATIONS on your Elkridge. Happy campingcamping and safe travels.

cableman

Although we are not new to Heartland, we recently purchased the E290. Almost the same camper with a couple differences in the floor plan. We had a Northtrail 24RL fifth wheel before. That was the smallest fifth wheel heartland made. We had it for ten years and never had an issue. Still have to get pics of the new one posted on here, the Northtrail is still our only pic.

jimmy120

Although we are not new to Heartland, we recently purchased the E290. Almost the same camper with a couple differences in the floor plan. We had a Northtrail 24RL fifth wheel before. That was the smallest fifth wheel heartland made. We had it for ten years and never had an issue. Still have to get pics of the new one posted on here, the Northtrail is still our only pic.

Nice, what year is yours? Have you had it out and about yet?

cableman

Yes, We used it a couple of times so far. Going from the North Trail to the Elkridge is a world of difference. So much more room. The NT was fine for us for so many years, But the extra room is amazing.