Fireplace heater not working. Ideas?

caokgafamily

We just spent a great 5 days in the Bighorn for Thanksgiving. It was a little cold the first night so I thought I would turn on the FP. Everything works except no heat? fan and ember lighting works fine. It has worked good in the past.
Any ideas?
Thanks...
Steve

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
Not very strong

Ours worked, but even with the fan speed on max, it just doesn't put out much heat. Am I correct on this, or is something wrong with mine too?:confused:

Gary Steeves

I had the same problem and found a wire connection was not soldered to the connector. It was not difficult to re-solder the connection. Unplug the unit, slide it out from the cabinet, remove the top (be sure to log the serial #, etc) and check the connections. Mine looked OK, but a gentle tug revealed the bad connection. Good luck.

Last edited:

jnbhobe

Fireplace

I had my fireplace quit I found the wire to the thermostat off crimped on a spade ( had no soldering gun with me ) and was set to go. JON:D:D

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Steve, I have a fireplace in our 06 3600 BigHorn and it heats great. I have kept the unit comfortable at night with temps in the low to mid 40's. There is a switch that turns off the heating element and just allows the fan and lights to work. On my unit the switch is on the left side of the panel. The first time we turned ours on we had no heat because the switch was in off position. Good luck.