Information on Fuel 362

danemayer

Hi Cloakey,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I expect you'll hear from some Fuel owners before too long.

A year late on the response, but I have a Fuel 362 :), have had it for about 6 months or so now. We love our unit overall, its a great fix for a family with 4 kids total, 2 of which are teens. There are some "mods" we have done to make it fit us a little better, but that is true with all RVs. The only real design complaints I have:

1. The rear bathroom door that extends to make the garage bigger does not close well. I added a latch to the bottom, which attaches to the floor to fix it for me, works well to make the door shut and close more consistent.

2. The grey tank is only 45 gal, while the fresh water is 100 gal. You get 90 gal of black tank though (45 for the front batch and 45 for the rear). Having such a small grey tank is limiting for my family of 6 people (with 2 teens in there), I would have preferred it be the other way even, 90 gal of grey and 45 gal of black. I get the technical reason for the split, but we are always limited by the size of the grey tank.

As a Toy hauler, its great and has many of the features found in higher cost units. Its the right balance of technology to price for me. There have been a few issues, like the microwave was replaced under warranty, a few dings from the factory that were repaired. A water leak in the belly that was also fixed. The overall final fit and finish of the unit was just OK, but they did resolve all issues in the end, so I am happy with that. If you use camping world to actually do the work (this is a brand line most common with that chain), you have to stay on top of them, check the quality of the work and generally drive them to perform well, they don't seem to most of the time. Heartland seemed to approve the work reasonably quickly, but getting parts in the Covid world can be lengthy.

Some of the mods I did to make it better:
1. Upgraded to Lithium and installed solar on the roof with a 4,000W inverter. The "solar prep" is only to the side of the unit, not the roof. But there is convenient places to run the required wires and such with little effort, so not a big deal.

2. Added a latch to the rear bathroom door to make it latch better.

3. I lifted the mid self-leveling jacks, from the factory they were only 3-4" off the ground, WAY to low and I would drag them easy going in and out of sites. Simple to raise them up, plenty of room to do so. I bring extra blocks to cover the extra space I made. But now I have at least 8" of clearance there, much better.

4. Various minor improvements, such as adding a tube to store sewer pipes, add a toilet paper holder for the main bathroom (it didn't come with anything, odd..).

Overall, I give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars. Its easy for the family to get good use out of it and it performs well. There was nothing else with this kind of layout (a toy-hauler with a table to eat/play at for a reasonable price). Pretty happy with the support from Heartland, they are quick to respond to direct help requests. They have resolved all issues reasonably.