Range hood outdoor vent door.

Albertg

I just found out about the outdoor vent door. Mine is black and has two push tabs on the bottom. I've pressed very hard and pushed out and up on the tabs but it will not open. Any ideas?
Thanks

danemayer

Push up. It can require pretty hard push.

Convection ovens need venting or they can overheat and blow internal over-temperature fuses that are there to prevent fire.4

Our Landmark 365 User Guide Mid 2017 has a pic on page 19 along with lots of other information you may find helpful.

Albertg

Push up. It can require pretty hard push.

Convection ovens need venting or they can overheat and blow internal over-temperature fuses that are there to prevent fire.4

Our Landmark 365 User Guide Mid 2017 has a pic on page 19 along with lots of other information you may find helpful.

Thanks, I'll give it another try. My unit is a 2014 bought it used, I've had it going on third year. I don't believe this has ever been opened.
Have a safe and healthy day.
Al

RoadJunkie

When You finally get it open, just leave it open! It may flap a little when it gets windy, but it’s a pain in the neck to get open and close each time you want to use it.

Flick

Thanks, I'll give it another try. My unit is a 2014 bought it used, I've had it going on third year. I don't believe this has ever been opened.
Have a safe and healthy day.
Al

If this door is like all other vents on the side of our trailers, they will all fit very snug so as not to bounce or blow loose while on the move. On mine, I have to gently pry out with a knife blade to get it started. Why are you wanting to open it?

avvidclif

On mine it requires a step stool to reach it. It was opened in ~Mar 1015 and has never been closed since. Still there too.

Flick

On mine it requires a step stool to reach it. It was opened in ~Mar 1015 and has never been closed since. Still there too.

I admit I must have no idea what I commented on. Is this door something that has to be open to use the convection oven? For the microwave in my unit, it only has an exhaust vent that is smaller but similar to what the refrigerator has.

danemayer

I believe the OP is talking about a vent like this one. It should be open when using the Convection Oven. Many people just leave it open, although I'd suggest closing it while the trailer is in storage.

Microwave Vent Annotated.jpg

Flick

I believe the OP is talking about a vent like this one. It should be open when using the Convection Oven. Many people just leave it open, although I'd suggest closing it while the trailer is in storage.

View attachment 63954

That is exactly what I have on mine. I’ve never done anything to it but when the vent is on, air exhaust to the outside. I suppose it’s open. We use the vent quite often. Other than that, I don’t know. Maybe if it were to open more, it would even work better. I’ll have to work with it one day and see. I’ll probably break it trying to see how it works. Might leave it alone for now.

Flick

That is exactly what I have on mine. I’ve never done anything to it but when the vent is on, air exhaust to the outside. I suppose it’s open. We use the vent quite often. Other than that, I don’t know. Maybe if it were to open more, it would even work better. I’ll have to work with it one day and see. I’ll probably break it trying to see how it works. Might leave it alone for now.

Al, thanks for the original question, and Dan, thanks for the explanation and picture to verify what we were talking about. Upon further studying, I found that my door was not open and now it is and boy does it blow. I reckon there was so much air that even closed it felt like it was open.
Taking the cover off allowed easier access to the door or flap. Pushing up on the tabs while prying gently with a knife opened it. I will leave it open because the cover should protect it while traveling.

Flick

Put a small piece of foam rubber in vent to prevent flapping and keeping you am Mama awake all night.

Mama will sleep thru hurricane force winds. I’ll put it in there for me. And then I’ll improvise a little screen for the mud dobbers or whatever else wants to make a home.