Maxxair Fanmate covers

Dahillbilly

pro's vs con's of the Maxxair Fanmate Covers? Wondering if these are worth installing on our toyhauler or the Maxair II covers. Anyone installed either? Thanks

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I put MaxxAir covers on all of the vents and Fantastic fan years ago. Well worth the small investment. It’s nice to be able to leave the vents open on humid, rainy days or to leave them slightly open when we leave the rig for extended periods.
On the smaller vents, I later added hinge clips to make it easier to lift them over to clean underneath. Over time, dust and small debris can find its way under them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

We have the MaxxAir covers as well on the 2 Fantastic fans we have. Love 'em. One thing that kinda stinks is that w/ the rain sensing fans, darn things close up on ya when you want to leave them open even w/ the covers. 3 of the biggest advantages of the covers: aid in protecting regular cover from hail/sun, able to keep vent open during rain and traveling, able to keep open when at home to allow heat to escape and no rain gets in.

JohnDar

I haven't had a problem with the rain sensor closing the lid of the Fantastic Fan under the cover. If you have a MaxxAir cover over it, perhaps you could just disconnect the leads to the rain sensor.

zolman

One of the first things I did to my new Cyclone is install fan covers. I leave them open during storage in the spring, summer and early fall for interior ventilation.

I've done that for years with other RVs.

There are no negatives to do that to keep the interior from getting extreme hot temperatures.

Richbald

Hello Dahillbilly,

I just installed two Maxxair Fanmate covers on our 2019 Big Horn this week. Our trailer is about on year old, but when I accidentally leaned on the bathroom fan (not a Maxxair or Fantastic Fan), the lid was so brittle it broke in many places. We're in Washington State, not known for high UV issues, but the lid was very brittle after a year. I've ordered a new replacement Camco hood for that, but my point is that adding the extra hoods would decrease UV decay of your existing covers. We've installed hoods on our last three trailers and consider them a necessity for all of the reasons others have given you on previous replies. I chose the Fanmate hoods this time because I imagined that they would give the fan hoods more room to rise when I opened them. It doesn't seem to be much different than other hoods I've installed. The fans still hit the Fanmate covers when I attempt to open them fully.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We have the MaxxAir covers as well on the 2 Fantastic fans we have. Love 'em. One thing that kinda stinks is that w/ the rain sensing fans, darn things close up on ya when you want to leave them open even w/ the covers. 3 of the biggest advantages of the covers: aid in protecting regular cover from hail/sun, able to keep vent open during rain and traveling, able to keep open when at home to allow heat to escape and no rain gets in.
Not sure if you have the same one as we do, but I can turn off the Rain sensor by hold in the bottom right hand button for several seconds and it will beep.
This turns it off.

As for the cover... We absolutely love it, it's a mist have on our list.
Make sure you get the one that you can easily remove foe cleaning.

Jerrod

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
The older style Max covers were kind of long and funky looking, but you could level the vent open during even the hardest of rains.
The new style that fits well, is easy to pop the clips to remove but allows rain to splash up in the vent. Turning off the rain sensor defeats that, but we will get splashing inside.

We alos will get the vent opening and closing in the middle of the night depending on the dew point. Doesn't bother me, but it wakes Deb up.
The older style long cover doesn't do that.

I talked to Maxxair about it, they know and are not planning on bringing back the old version.

JohnDar

The older style Max covers were kind of long and funky looking, but you could level the vent open during even the hardest of rains.
The new style that fits well, is easy to pop the clips to remove but allows rain to splash up in the vent. Turning off the rain sensor defeats that, but we will get splashing inside.

We alos will get the vent opening and closing in the middle of the night depending on the dew point. Doesn't bother me, but it wakes Deb up.
The older style long cover doesn't do that.

I talked to Maxxair about it, they know and are not planning on bringing back the old version.

Mine is the older version. From the ground, it doesn't look funky at all. Matter of fact, it's not that easy to see! Now, with the original covers for the smaller vents, you can buy hardware kits to retrofit them with hinges.