States Visited Map - How to create one and add it to your signature.

jbeletti

This information below taken from a post on RV.net from 2006. I have tailored it for the Heartland Owners Forum.

I thought it would be interesting if people could create a map that showed the states they visited (similar to the stick on maps people have on their RVs), and place this map in their signature so others could see where they have traveled and the states they have visited.

If you would like to create a Visited States Map for your signature, follow these steps.

Create your Visited States Map

1. Go to http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/
  2. Select the states you have visited
  3. Set the map size to small
  4. Set the file format to GIF or JPEG (JPEG files look better)
  5. Create the map
  6. Once it appears, save it by right clicking on it and selecting Save Picture As... (remember where "on your computer" you saved it)

Go to Edit Signature in the User Control Panel of the Heartland Owners Forum
(click here or follow steps 1-3 below)
  1. Click on the UserCP link (top left of page)
  2. Scroll down on left side and click on Edit Signature
  3. Go to the block titled Signature Picture and click on Browse...
  4. Select the file containing the map that you saved in step 6 above and click Open
  5. Click the Upload button - wait for the signature to upload and the page to refresh
  6. Click on Save Signature button

To update the map at any time, just repeat the entire process above.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Let me ask a question about the states map. Is this supposed to be those states "visited" while we owned a Heartland product, or should it include those states since we started camping in 1975? Also, what constitutes a "visit"? We travel through Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia on the way to Florida, but have not camped in those states.

Great Idea, but does this type of map exist for Canada, I am sure that many travel up here as well, could both be displayed ? Just an Idea.

cliffbuilt

Camping vs. Visit

QUOTE from cbdMidland:
Let me ask a question about the states map. Is this supposed to be those states "visited" while we owned a Heartland product, or should it include those states since we started camping in 1975? Also, what constitutes a "visit"? We travel through Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia on the way to Florida, but have not camped in those states.

I' m Thinking a visit requires a stop to look maybe like this::rolleyes:

But camping should be more involved like kindling a fire and spending the night ? :D
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Attachments

• IMG_1127_1.JPG
    IMG_1127_1.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0761_2.JPG
    IMG_0761_2.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 31

Tom of Ypsi

Chuck,

Just put down whateveer you want. When I first started mine I was just camping. Now that we fulltime I have my map to reflect that. Your call.

Triber

David, there is a map for Canada and a map for Mexico at that site as well but I haven't figured out how to get all of them on my signature page yet.

SmokeyBare

Use a Photo Editor to stitch or paste two photos together...

OR

Use a Word Processor program... Import both maps side by side... and then save as a JPG file.

Good Luck !

HOSS

Checking to see if I followed directions.....DW says that will be the day! I only checked Alabama because that is the only state been camping in since becoming new to camping. We have visited all lower 48, but only camped in Al.

HOSS

Last edited:

Tom of Ypsi

Hoss,

You did good and tell the DW that you finally got something right. Now you need to get out and put some more color in that map hopefully on your way to the rally in Goshen this June.