Heartland closing

azbound

I just read on RV.net that 3 weeks ago Heartland announced it was closing it's Indiana plant. Be fore I respond to this thread on rv.net I would like some feedback> Jim any inside information would be helpful. Stories like this need to be nipped in the but quickly.

Thanks,

Gary

cowsrout

I just put money down to order a unit, as did our son and daughter in law - and the dealer says our deposits are nonrefundable - so naturally I am very curious about this. Hoping it's not true. Any info would be appreciated.
cowsrout

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I just called the factory and just as I suspected, seeing as how they only have a plant in Indiana, that they are not closing. The only closing will be for the holidays. Put your minds at ease. And if they announced it three weeks ago why did we just hear of it now.
Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Gary,

Please send me the link to the thread on RV.net that you refer to. I follow RV.net very closely and had not see it.

cowsrout and everyone else,

As Dave (Cookie) mentions, please rest assured that Heartland is not closing. All of our plants are in Elkhart, Indiana. From time to time, we change things around, open more, consolidate others but "we are not closing". :)

In fact, we are launching several new product lines in Louisville, KY to dealers - right now, as I type this.

2009 will be a very interesting year for the RV industry and I feel it has the makings to be an exciting year for Heartland and dealers that sell Heartland.

And of course, there's all of us that already have a Heartland product. You know we'll be having a ton of fun at rallies all over North America!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
After browsing through the postings on the other forum, I firmly believe the original poster must have mistaken another brand (e.g. HitchHiker) with Heartland. Blood pressure was raised, but not enough to do serious damage:D.

cowsrout

After I read the posts on RV.Net, I was a little concerned, I went to the site for the news cast and have done several searches - I can't get Heartland Factory to show up in their news link searches at all. Will rest and go back to dreaming about my new RV that will be built soon!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Just checked thread again...the OP can't seem to find anything about it either, but still swears he saw it. I too think he confused Heartland with someone else.

I just purchased a cyclone 3210 today by phone from National RV Direct. Has anyone used them for their purchase?

cowsrout

No,what part of state, we are in NW Part

roazo
Was going to tease if you were close enough to know where Charity was. My hubby always tells people that we live near the square by the highrises, when they know where Charity is. They look at him like he is crazy, Charity is nothing more than a spot on a state lettered highway. We are about 35 miles north of Springfield. A little south of Buffalo. We've lived both in the Kansas City and the Columbia area too.

Karen
cowsrout

Last edited:

CrazyScotsman

No,what part of state, we are in NW Part[/quote

roazo
Was going to tease if you were close enough to know where Charity was. My hubby always tells people that we live near the square by the highrises, when they know where Charity is. They look at him like he is crazy, Charity is nothing more than a spot on a state lettered highway. We are about 35 miles north of Springfield. A little south of Buffalo. We've lived both in the Kansas City and the Columbia area too.

Karen
cowsrout

Do Hope & Faith live there to ?//heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

kkamshop

I just purchased a cyclone 3210 today by phone from National RV Direct. Has anyone used them for their purchase?

We just purchased a Landmark Augusta from them, may be taking delivery on Monday if everything works out.
We happen to know the owner's parents personally, so we are pretty comfortable doing business with them.

Good luck on your new Cyclone!

roazo

Sundance Owner
No,what part of state, we are in NW Part

roazo

Karen
cowsrout
Nice area you are in close to Branson and lakes. Hope to meet you some time .

JChatt

National RV Direct

To Beccabow,

We purchased our NT there, October of this year. We have had no problems with them.