LP Genny's vs Gas Genny's

Hello,

We are looking for opinions on which one is better a gas generator or an LP generator. Our dealer advises against an LP because they use so much propane so quickly. They hear from motorhome owners all the time that they wish they had gas generators instead. Any ideas?? Thanks

timk

Propane is easier, cleaner and more expensive pr hour.

Gasoline stinks, its another thing to carry, but my lil Honda runs just about forever on a tank of gas. Plus its just about the quiet as you can get.

A lot of your decision depends on your electric needs. We only use the generator where the sun don't shine. And then only about an hour a day, every other day or so. If you need it for every cup of coffee, and go where you need two air conditioners your going to want something big hard wired and built in, and you cant beat the lp systems for ease of use.

Good luck
TimK

BluegrassMan

Hi Demonbear:
I have had a I3000 Honda for a couple years now, when it's running you'd have to be very close to my trailer to know if I had a generator. I should correct my self. "The 3000 Honda is NOT a generator it's an alternator that makes 120V". Honda say's that it is SO pure AC that a computer can be run on it!!!! Constant voltage no spikes etc.

I have a friend with a Holiday Presidential with an "Onboard LP genny" It Sucks the propane down. FAST I'd seriously consider the 3000. Under a load they're still quiet, then dropping back to normal SUPER quiet. It was the quietest one they sold when I got mine plus NOW they're cheaper.