Onon generator not starting

chick

Can anyone give me some advice? My Onon 5500 will not start! I have stablized gas, prime,gas in the bowl,removed and cleaned the carb, and all the stuff everyone has tryed and still no luck. What I have come up with is that the valve on the bottom of the bowl with two wires connected to it is not working. I have removed it and excercied the needle thinking that it was not clear and it moves up and down just fine, I have no way of knowing how to test the wires to see if they are working. That needle goes into the tube in the center of the carb and allows fuel to rise to the top of the carb. If that valve opens the geny will run, it runs fine if I spray fuel into the carb but will only run till the fuel is gone.
The Onon dealer told me that I would have to buy a new carb that they can not be rebuilt or repaired, also they told me I did not run the geny enough, I run it about an hour every two weeks. Its only a year old, it came with my 2008 Cyclone 3912. Please if anyone has any ideas I sure could use the help, you can contact me at chick@songwriter.net or on this site. Thanks again.
Chick Las Vegas NV.

boxcar1511

we had same problem, check the choke, Our's would not open all the way and would not start, took it to cummins dealer after trying everything we could, they replaced carb. under factory 3 year warranty works great now.. we had 240 hours on the generator with no problems,dealer could not explain it....

blackfin

not sure your having the same problem but my gen had 2.5 hrs when I had the no start issue. I actually removed the fuel line and with the hose in a bottle and hit the prime to ensure my electric fuel pump was running and got nothing. I then bottle feed the carb and the gen started up immediately. I actually got a pump off e-bay took less than 15 mins to change and due to my location the $$ spend on the pump was less then gas to take to a dealer for warranty work

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
not sure your having the same problem but my gen had 2.5 hrs when I had the no start issue. I actually removed the fuel line and with the hose in a bottle and hit the prime to ensure my electric fuel pump was running and got nothing. I then bottle feed the carb and the gen started up immediately. I actually got a pump off e-bay took less than 15 mins to change and due to my location the $$ spend on the pump was less then gas to take to a dealer for warranty work

That's what I'm doing on some of the stuff on my RV.