Awning lights

Rysonn

Hello everyone this is my first post on the page and my first day of Heartland ownership. We purchased a new (to us) 2019 Pioneer RG26. I was given a remote that would generally go to LED lights as I have for my motorcycles. It has color buttons on it signifying that you could change the color of LED's. My assumption was that this would be for the awning lights. However the remote does not appear to change these lights or even turn them on or of. The on or off is controlled by a switch within the unit. The lights come on when we hit that switch. some of them don't work at all but the lights are all different colors like a rainbow.

I guess my question is, do these RV's generally come with this LED remote? Am I missing something?

My other thought is, does the remote change the color of the lights in the outdoor speakers, which are also on the same switch as the one that turns on the awning lights.

Thanks for your help everyone.

jerryjay11

Sounds to me there is an issue with the strip lights if all don't illuminate. The remote should have full control of the lights.

Rysonn

Sounds to me there is an issue with the strip lights if all don't illuminate. The remote should have full control of the lights.

So I have now figured out how to get the remote to work in that I have to point it in the direction of the left side of the awning if I am standing at the door facing out.

However, there is an issue with the light strip in that it needs to be replaced.

Has anyone found a plug and play color changing light strip that doesn't require any re-wiring?