Extended Warranty

phoenix50

Will be picking up my new Augusta next week, as long as the weather holds out, but still up in the air about getting the extended warranty. I had one on my 04 Mountaineer but never used it. Any ideas?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I just used my RV Shield extended warranty. They replaced the converter (paid the labor) and Microwave/convection oven was replaced by manufacturers warranty. RV Shield also paid for the mobile tech trip charge. I have always gotten my money's worth out of extended warranties.

char

Prosp.Owner

I'am about to buy a 2009 big horn,3055rl, it has been titled before.
What type of warrentry does Heartland give to a second buyer?
Also I am in Flordia ( Polk City ), live in north western Pa. Do you know of any dealer/serviceshop in the area? Zip-15857 I now have a 2005 Jayco Designer 31RKS-2slide,& have had only minor problems, which I was able to repair. We wanted more room, the big horn has this. The quality seems a ok. As a new/prospective owner I 'am a little scared after reading some of the problems on the forums.
The dealer whom I intend to buy from is not a Heartland franchise.
( RV World of Lakeland ) FL. They seem very knowledgeable & pleasent to deal with. We were impressed with the 5th wheel & plan to vacation again in FL. I'am going to try & contact the previous owner as to why they are selling. Again,if you can help me, I will be very grateful. We just retired & hope to enjoy this RV. Thank You!!! Char

jnbhobe

Char; In NW PA FameRV Center is a real good Big Horn dealer. They are in Seagertown,Pa. Ph 814-763-5645. Tell them I recomended them to you.Buy the 3055 its a nice unit. JON :) :) :)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Char,
There are a number of companies out there that offer extended warranties if the manufacturer warranty has expired. One that is almost universally excepted is the Good Sam VIP plan. You can find out more information about it on the Good Sam website at www.goodsam.com Also many components on the Heartland (and other brand) RVs are covered beyond the manufacturer warranty by the maker of the component. An example of this would be the Microwave... Dometic has a 2 year warranty on it. The converter has a 2 year warranty. You will just have to take a look and check the unit out carefully for problems (as you would on any brand) and then base your decision on what you find. The first and best RV I have ever owned was a used unit.