What generator do I buy for my Bighorn

jcochran

I really like the Yamaha generators. I will rarely be off the hook in the summer but want the ability and flexibility to run AC if needed. How do I deal best with not being hooked-up and how long will I last with a generator etc... What model 3000/4000 what is the minimum for good performance.

boatdoc

You can last forever if you keep feeding the genny gas. It's no diff than being plugged in except for a little noise and the cost of fuel. I run my whole works on either a Kipor 3500TI or Boliy pro. They both work great with the Kipor being a little more quiet but not much. I only have one AC so no need for the bigger genny. I bought both of these gennys when they first came out so I got great deals on them and both have worked out well. A couple of mods to the Boliy and it doesn't miss a beat.
Good luck on whatever you choose:)

Last edited:

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
When the time comes, next year...I'm gonna bite the bullett and spring for the Onan. That's all I every had in all my RV's. I've heard of and personally seen some of the Chinese and Indian stuff and was not impressed.

If I could get my hands on one of those low rpm Chinese jobs, however.....

ChopperBill

I have a Kipor KGE3500Ti (now badged a 3000) on wheels. I have a ramp and load and unload it in the off door side off the storage compartment. It will run the works. When it is running it is quieter than our Honda 2000 and many folks have stated that. Being on wheels and the ease of loading and unloading it makes it no more inconvenient than the more portable Honda. I bought the Kipor when they were cheaper than the Honda 2000.