Mid bunk insulation

GK2018

It's been about 80 degrees outside so far this year and I noticed the mid bunk area was really hot just as it was really cold this past winter. I've been entertaining AC upgrades even though we have two 15K BTU units and it's still a thought but anyways I crawled under there and took a look and the two visible side of the room weren't insulated so I purchased some foam insulation and just finished it up today! That room temperature drastically changed which I didn't think a little insulation would have done. I also sealed up the air handler vent for the summer so AC doesn't escape (that doesn't help me in the winter as I'll have to undo it). Depending on how well this project here actually works when we reach our 100 degree plus days I might wind up removing the closet and custom installing a portable AC/Heater combo unit in there. I attached a couple pictures for yall to see.
a42550e32b9c7e6928dc40875a4a8636.jpg
8507265a5af3d5f6c770bef1709eed7a.jpg
d077bff2255f84185af5b8bb1fe6aad3.jpg
e53a68331b345008e6453eb944f334ce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

GK2018

Nice work Greg!
Thank you, there's quite a few more projects to come! I definitely have to say this Bighorn was the best purchase, we absolutely love this RV! After owning two Heartlands we're sold, the various layouts, price points and quality are really good.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

cmalberto

It's been about 80 degrees outside so far this year and I noticed the mid bunk area was really hot just as it was really cold this past winter. I've been entertaining AC upgrades even though we have two 15K BTU units and it's still a thought but anyways I crawled under there and took a look and the two visible side of the room weren't insulated so I purchased some foam insulation and just finished it up today! That room temperature drastically changed which I didn't think a little insulation would have done. I also sealed up the air handler vent for the summer so AC doesn't escape (that doesn't help me in the winter as I'll have to undo it). Depending on how well this project here actually works when we reach our 100 degree plus days I might wind up removing the closet and custom installing a portable AC/Heater combo unit in there. I attached a couple

Wow...we will pick up our mid-bunk in a couple of weeks. I heard others comment(other brands) that their mid-bunk stayed warmer. So what kind of portable A/C were you thinking about and how to manage water/condensation accumulation? I also don't understand your pictures of where they are coming from as of yet. I do like the idea of insulating/covering the heat vent. I think our 38MB has one of those.

Thanks again...

--Mickey A