Torque 371 Black and Gray tanks

Kc9ojn

Just Got our 371 home and camped in it over last weekend. I think I figured out what is the Black and Gray valves. I have a couple questions as i am going to deal with the tanks tomorrow. 1. If I am correct there are 4 tanks, what are the capacity of each of the 4 tanks and 2. Do the 2 front levers control the front tanks and 2 back control the back. I know this sounds logical but when I tested it with clean water and my results made me question. Any light that can be shed on this matter is greatly appreciated as I really don't want to have a stinky baptism. 25 years of camping and have not had a "bad" dump yet lets not start now.

blessings and happy camping June 1 campgrounds open in IL woohoo. \

Rod (KC9OJN)

Dahillbilly

on our Torque 327, both grey tanks & front black tank dump out the front drain. The rear black tank dumps out the rear drain line. Hope this helps.

Kc9ojn

Ok that is what I was thinking, this is not great as I do like to use the gray to help flush the hose, with new rig comes a new way do doing things.

Thank you so much

Rod

david-steph2018

Just Got our 371 home and camped in it over last weekend. I think I figured out what is the Black and Gray valves. I have a couple questions as i am going to deal with the tanks tomorrow. 1. If I am correct there are 4 tanks, what are the capacity of each of the 4 tanks and 2. Do the 2 front levers control the front tanks and 2 back control the back. I know this sounds logical but when I tested it with clean water and my results made me question. Any light that can be shed on this matter is greatly appreciated as I really don't want to have a stinky baptism. 25 years of camping and have not had a "bad" dump yet lets not start now.

blessings and happy camping June 1 campgrounds open in IL woohoo. \

Rod (KC9OJN)

Mix up different food coloring and dump in each tank, about 5 gallons. Then when you pull each valve you will know which is which. Hint: write down what color went to what tank, did it twice because forgot the first time.

scayne62

Dahillbilly is correct, I dumped the rear black first, than moved to the front, dumped the frot black than both grey's. took a little trial and error to find out that back grey tank dumped through the front. I am also not sure on the exact capacities of the tanks, I asked my dealer and got nowhere.

Kc9ojn

Dahillbilly is correct, I dumped the rear black first, than moved to the front, dumped the frot black than both grey's. took a little trial and error to find out that back grey tank dumped through the front. I am also not sure on the exact capacities of the tanks, I asked my dealer and got nowhere.

That is the plan, and lol ya that is why I was asking you guys, this is not a very fun Trial and error department. I really would like to know if they just cut the tank capacity in half . So it would be 100 fresh 2, 42 gal gray and 2, 42 gal Black. Ok so correct me if I am wrong. The main bath shower and sink go to the front gray and the Kitchen and back bath sink go to the back gray tank. Thank you so much for all you guys help. I Plan to put some pic's out there for the mod s I did before our first night.

Blessings all
Rod

Dahillbilly

That is the plan, and lol ya that is why I was asking you guys, this is not a very fun Trial and error department. I really would like to know if they just cut the tank capacity in half . So it would be 100 fresh 2, 42 gal gray and 2, 42 gal Black. Ok so correct me if I am wrong. The main bath shower and sink go to the front gray and the Kitchen and back bath sink go to the back gray tank. Thank you so much for all you guys help. I Plan to put some pic's out there for the mod s I did before our first night.

Blessings all
Rod
that's how ours is plumbed, if you have washer drain that should go into the rear grey tank also.

scayne62

Blessings all
Rod

Thats the way I took it from the dealer, I find it hard to believe they cannot configured it so there are only 3 tanks, 1 large fresh, 1 large black and 1 large grey. The dealerservice fella said they do not make a tank bigger than 42gal....SO I said "what about the 100gal fresh" HE just stared at me.

danemayer

Thats the way I took it from the dealer, I find it hard to believe they cannot configured it so there are only 3 tanks, 1 large fresh, 1 large black and 1 large grey. The dealerservice fella said they do not make a tank bigger than 42gal....SO I said "what about the 100gal fresh" HE just stared at me.

On toy haulers, there are often 2 fresh tanks that are connected.

cooperm

Mix up different food coloring and dump in each tank, about 5 gallons. Then when you pull each valve you will know which is which. Hint: write down what color went to what tank, did it twice because forgot the first time.

I actually painted my handles gray once I figured out which is which. With both tanks empty you can tell which handle is the dark tank by the pull length of the pull. The dark tank has a bigger valve so it pulls out further then the gray tank does. Its around 3 inches vs 2 inches I think.