How to Remove Valances

Georgia_Biker

We have a 2016 3875FB. We would like to remove the window valances but, before I tear something up does anyone know how to remove these?

Do you remove the shades first? How do you do that?

I know window treatments in all units are not the same but here is one of mine.

Thanks

IMG_0612.JPEG

Attachments

• IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0612.JPEG
    IMG_0612.JPEG
    150.9 KB · Views: 60

Bogie

Re: Ho to Remove Valances

Remove the side curtains from the brackets at the bottom. The side curtains are sometimes stapled, sometimes velcroed to the valance. In my experience, the valance can sometimes have "L" brackets. You can unscrew these from the bottom (the bracket stays on the wall). The valance also often times is screwed to the wall from the side and/or top. The screws are often placed in the folds of the fabric to hide them. Sometimes the screws have pierced the fabric and you have to look carefully to find them. It takes a little perseverance but you can get them off.

RoadJunkie

Perhaps, using a magnet, locate the "square-head" screws, typically flatheads, and unscrew the mounting screws. You will likely need an angle ratchet, very small, to painstakingly remove the screws. The screws are typically torqued into the fabric and wood, which makes them harder to locate. Some are at odd angles, not perpendicular , to the wall. Swearing is expected and forgiven.

LBR

The top portion of our side valances were stapled to the overhead piece...2 staples each side. It was easier to pull the 2 sides and overhead down at once, then separate. Is in a 2017 CY.

Georgia_Biker

Perhaps, using a magnet, locate the "square-head" screws, typically flatheads, and unscrew the mounting screws. You will likely need an angle ratchet, very small, to painstakingly remove the screws. The screws are typically torqued into the fabric and wood, which makes them harder to locate. Some are at odd angles, not perpendicular , to the wall. Swearing is expected and forgiven.

OK - I like the "swearing" part. There should be a page of useful swear words in the owners manual because I have a collection after many years with an RV.

Based on all comments "there ain't no easy way".

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It may be easier if you remove the MCD shade also before trying to remove the valance. I believe there are some metal clips (attached to the valance) that hold the whole system in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Valences in our ‘17 Bighorn are attached to the wall with several screws independent of the MCD shade L-brackets. The screws blend into the fabric. You’ll have to feel around to find them. Aluminum square head screws

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I’ve removed all but one of our valences to replace the crappy Day/Night shades with vertical blinds and plywood valences that I made (using the original fabric to “skin” them). Finding the screws in the fabric was a bit of a treasure hunt.

Georgia_Biker

I’ve removed all but one of our valences to replace the crappy Day/Night shades with vertical blinds and plywood valences that I made (using the original fabric to “skin” them). Finding the screws in the fabric was a bit of a treasure hunt.

Thanks to all - I am going to try and remove the two roll up shades first and then go to the valances - will let you know

cyrus799

Locate the screws that attach your valance either to the wall or the ceiling. This is where it’s going to matter if you’ve already removed the blinds because they can get in the way of the valance screws.

Reach inside the valance and find the screw heads. It can be hard to find them, so use a flashlight if necessary. After that, the valance should come off easily.

Pro tip: Take note of how many screws left that you have to remove, so you know when to support the valance and prevent it from falling onto your head.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
A small magnet will help locate screws buried in fabric.